Chapter 22

"You both are wrong on all parts." Cornelia signed to her husband, who was pacing back and forth, thinking g about happened between him and Willow.

"I just want to protect her!" Caesar said, arguing back.

Cornelia sighed, "I understand. But she is grown. You must trust her-"

Caesar growled, "I do trust her! I just don't trust-"

Cornelia the cut him off, "Them?" She signed, talking about the humans.

Caesar stopped pacing and sighed, then turned to Cornelia, "If they hurt her-"

Cornelia hooted, "They won't."

Caesar growled and began to paced again, "But, what if they do?? And I am not there to protect her!"

Cornelia gave her a husband a look. These two always had to butt heads didn't they?

~ ~ ~ ~

It was late at night and every Apes was asleep. Willow was up and made the stupidest decision in her life. She packed a small bag of fruit and some water. She left her room quietly, not wanting to wake her parents. She left the hut and quietly walked out of the ape village. When she was good distance away, she began to ran.

She ran towards the direction of the bridge. When she made it, she hid behind some bushes. She looked back behind her and frowned.

"I'm sorry daddy." She whispered and the ran out of the bushes.

She was right in don't of the bridge and she feet seemed to have glued to the concrete. She gulped and her coat clenched. She took a step forward and then another. Soon she was running again. The bridge was long and at one point she almost gave up, but soon she at the other end.

She didn't see anyone guarding the bridge and quickly kept walking. Then she came to the end of the bridge. One more step and she was going to be in the human village. She turned around to look back at the forest. She was this far now, she couldn't turn back.

She took that last step and let out a breath. She kept walking and looked in awe. Around her were giant huts, but to humans they were buildings. Some were tall and other were short.

As she kept walking, she bumped into someone. She gasped and looked up to see a man, her age. She blushed and cleared her throat.

"S-sorry..." She said quietly.

The man smiled, "Its all good... Um why are you out here? You know it's like 12:00 am right?"

Willow looked at him confused. 12 am? What's that? She decided to play along.

"Y-Yea I know that- I was just-"

The man chuckled, "Hey it's ok. I was just wondering. So your a night owl to?"

Willow just nodded and the man chuckled, "Nice. My names Adam. I gotta go, but I hope to see you around."

Willow nodded, "Y-Yea! Um... Uh my names Willow..."

The man smiled and gently picked up her hand, kissing the back of it.

"It's nice to meet you Willow." Then he walked away.

Willow got out of her daze and cleared her throat again, then shouted, "Uh yea! Nice seeing you..." He was gone. "To..." She said slowly after he was gone.

What just happened?

////

Sorry for the errors!