Chapter 17

Cornelia was not getting any better and it worried Willow greatly. Willow hasn't left her side the whole day, making sure to get her anything she needed. The ape doctors tried everything. Herbal leave, even a special medicine where she hat to drink her al leave that were soaked in hot water. They tried everything, but nothing worked.

Caesar was having trouble with the humans that wanted to work on the dam. They were allowed to work on the dam under one condition, no guns. One of them broke that rule and brought a gun and had the nerve to point it at his sons.

He sent the humans off, never wanting to see them here again. He and the others got home. His sons and himself went off to go check on Cornelia, bit surprised to see Willow there. Caesar sat next to Willow and wrapped his arm around her. Willow snuggled into his side and sobbed quietly.

Cornelia coughed and weakly signed, "I will be ok..."

The other frowned. They knew she wouldn't be ok. Not if she didn't have the right medicine. Just as Caesar was about to ask her if she was ok, a bunch of apes entered, but some circled something.

Willow gasped silently and hid behind her father as she saw two humans . One had the same body as her and even long hair. Willow knew she had to be a female like her.

"I told you to leave..." Caesar said to the other one.

The one human with short hair said something, but Willow ignored it. She looked back at her ill mother with a frown, some tears still streaming down her face. Then she heard the female human speak.

"Is she sick?"

Willow's head snapped up and she looked t the female, who was actually looking at her. Willow nodded slowly and so did the human female.

"I... I have medicine. Antibiotics... I can help..." The female said.

Willow's eyes widened and she looked at Caesar with hopeful, and pleading, eyes. Caesar looked sternly at the human female, but then stepped aside, moving Willow with him. The human female slowly moved closer to Cornelia. Willow watched as the human female pulled out some weird small thing. It was pointy. Then she watched as she pulled out a small bottle.

Willow looked back up at her father confused, but Caesar only kept his eyes on the human female. Willow looked back she watched as the human female took the pointy side of the weird stick, the poke her mother in the arm with it.

She watched her mom moved uncomfortably, but soon calmed when the human female pulled out he pointy thing from her arm.

"She should be good tomorrow, if not you can call me over. I have more medicine." The human female said.

Caesar didn't nod or say anything, he just looked at Cornelia, who looked very tired.

"She'll be a little tired, so just her sleep. The medicine works better when the body is unconscious." The other human said.

Caesar did nod at that and after thinking for a few minutes he spoke, "Work on dam quickly... Then leave."

The humans all looked relieved and gave him a couple nods in understanding. Willow was confused, but looked back at her mother, who was asleep.

She hoped this medicine worked.

////

Sorry for the errors!