Chapter 4

"She is so evil! How could she do this to you?" Madison exclaimed.
"It's either this or no college," I shrugged.
"Well, Oliver is going to think that Stella was you. I heard him talking about 'a girl with an angel voice at the party' and when he hears your voice, but sees her lip-syncing,he will totally think it's her and probably falls in love. Not with you, but her." Madison said.
"Well, I can't do anything, can I?" I groaned.
"Sophia! I need you now!" Victoria shouted from the recording room.
I sighed and waved Madison goodbye, "I... got to go. See you later."

I pushed open the door of the music room to find Victoria and Stella. I put all my books that I was carrying, down and went over to the microphone and put on the headphones.

><><><

I watched as Stella lip-sync my song, her lips moving, singing the words of the song but not making any sound. I lifted my head to see the door opening by none other than Oliver Chase.

He opened his mouth in amazement and listened to the song, smiling and leaning against the doorway. He clapped his hand when the song is finished and said, "That was you at the party, right? I really like your voice... I couldn't seem to get it our of my head."
"Thanks. Oliver, right?" Stella flirted with him as she walked toward him and took his hand.
"Yep. That's me. And you are...?" Oliver asked her before disappearing into the hallway with her as I gasped in disbelief and turned to look at my smiling stepmother.

><><><

"I can't believe that just happened," Madison said after I told her the whole story, "Hey, there's a concert coming up. I bet Oliver is going to get Stella to perform."
I sighed, "And I bet she's going to use my voice."
Madison thought for a moment and said, "I can't think of anything this time. Well, you could just appear on stage and ruin her show and show Oliver that it was you all along but I think it's going to make Victoria even madder and I bet you're not getting into college."
"I guess I have to go with her plan. Oh, got to go. Oliver is coming home for a date with Stella. Ugh, I can't believe her," I told Madison and I waved her goodbye.
"Bye! Oh, and good luck!" Madison yelled at me as I started to jogged away from her to the house.
"Thanks, I need that!" I shouted back at her.

The house wasn't far and it was like a daily exercise for me. But since I don't like walking home from school, I would ask Madison for a ride home. Today, she has chess club so I have to walk home by myself.

Once I reached the front gate, I sighed as the gate creaked opened. I dragged myself across the front lawn until I reached the front door. I reached into my bag to find my key and unlock the door, meeting my 'family' members and Oliver. I quietly went to the stair to the attic, my haven. Just as Harry Potter had said, I'll stay in my room, making no noise and pretending like I don't exist. Yeah, that's what I've literally been doing most of my life in this house.

After a couple of minutes, I got thristy so I decided to go down to the kitchen, quietly, to grab a glass of orange juice. Orange juice... it has always been my favourite.

Just as I was going up, siping my orange juice, I accidentally bumped into Oliver, causing me to spill my drink onto my clothes.
"Uh, sorry about that," Oliver apologized.
"It's okay. Really," I said to him as he tried to find some tissue paper. I turned around to grab some, since it was behind me and told him, "I got it."
"Oh. It was behind you. Oh, by the way, I'm Oliver."
"I know. I'm Sophia." I smiled.

><><><

I N S T A G R A M : @marquiseire