Chapter 12

"Sophia!" Victoria's voice echoes throughout the whole house. Why couldn't she just use the intercom?

I quickly ran toward her voice, leaving Oliver in my room.

"Yes?" I was out of breath and I was panting heavily.

"Oh, you're not that tired, Sophia. No need to be dramatic," She looked at me. Seriously? Running down two floors is totally not tiring. "Anyways, I'm guessing Oliver asked you to the play. Right?"

"Uh... no." I couldn't lose this chance just for Stella!

"Then why else would he go upstairs?"

Think of something quick, Sophia!

"He... he just wanted to know what to buy for Stella. You know, like a gift?" I lied, hoping she would fell for it.

"Oh... what a nice boy. Anyways, have you heard of the play? You're going to help Stella audition and get the main part. Do you hear me?"

Help her... not sing for her. Ok...

I just nodded in response. Suddenly, I became interested in the floor as I heard some footsteps coming behind me.

"Oh, Oliver! Hello, dear. Would you like some coffee? Tea? Sophia will make you some if you would like some breakfast. I need to go to work. Bye!" She picked up her purse and took her car keys with her.

Awkward silence cut through between us until Oliver cleared his throat and shove his hands out of his pocket and pointed toward the kitchen. "I will make my own breakfast, don't worry, Sophia."

"Ok," I nodded and followed him. He turned around and raised an eyebrow, clearly confused why I'm following him when just said he could make his own breakfast. "Oh, I haven't eaten my breakfast too," I explained.

><><><

Stella left for school with Oliver in her brand-new Porsche red car. I was stuck with Maddie's old car, which looks like will fall apart any moment. A ping went out from my phone and I realised it was a text from my stepmom.

The Evil Queen: Sophia, about the audition, don't you dare try out for the part. I need Stella to be the star of the show.

Me: Yes, ma'am.

The Evil Queen: Help her memorise the auditioning script; we will record your singing later on.

Me: Yes, ma'am.

The Evil Queen: Good girl. You will be of my evil reign as soon as you graduate. Don't worry; it's only a few years away!

Of course, she didn't type that. And yes, I named her 'the Evil Queen'.

"Sophia?" Maddie asked me when she saw who I was texting with, "You okay there?"

I didn't say anything. I just showed her the text when Maddie grinned evilly.

I sighed, "Why are you even grinning like that?"
"They can't let Sophia Smith audition, right? Then you will be a random teenage girl who also attends this school. Don't worry; you will be the same person you were at the party! I know, I'm a genius."

><><><

Did I mentioned before that Maddie wanted to become a makeup artist? And did I mentioned that she is gonna be amazing with that job? Well, she made me wear a wig, which made me itch, and plastered make up all over my face.

I turned to look in the mirrror and saw... a brand new person. The wig was a curly blonde hair and I look... stunning. Beautiful. Now I can see my high cheekbones and my blue eyes looks so... shiny and innocence. Like it was searching for something and looking determined to try anything.

Maddison Allen had officially transformed me into one magnificent girl who is going to audition for the show.

Last week, I just recorded my voice for Stella's audition. Though not in my best performance. Victoria doesn't seem to notice; just pleased that her daughter might have a chance at this. I wondered what will happen if Stella actually get chosen. The main part surely will have to sing a lot of songs...

No. I will make the main character. Not the cheating, manipulating girl that needs her 'stupid' sister of a loser to 'help' her.

As I helped Stella remembered her lines, the words just seemed to be now etched into my brain. I could repeated the whole script in two days since Stella took days, no, weeks, to remember the whole dam script.

"Oh my Gods, Sophia," Madison's voice brought me back to the present, "You look stunning. I mean, you always look beautiful but this is like... you just look more beautiful than ever. I'm sure Hollywood would accept you."

"Well, I couldn't have done this without my best friend," I smiled, hugging her so tight, "I fell like I should owe you something as big as this," I whispered.

Madison laughed, "Maybe. Now, let's get your butt on stage and make it through all the auditions to get to the finals!"