Competition

Riley's POV

As Eldon piroettes, I look beside me at my loving boyfriend. He's helped me grow as a person and as a dancer. He helped me realise what love is! He's....perfect! The music stops, and Jenny from Elite goes into the middle of the room. 30 seconds later, Eldon is on A-Troupe again.

Confidence in his step, Eldon walks towards the silver hat and his hand in, rummaging around for a name. He pulls a name out and, once read, pulls a confused face. Eldon looks towards me, then Elite, and then back at the small piece of paper.
"Beth"

All eyes turn to me. Beth!? When did she join Elite? I didn't see her walk in...She glances at me with a evil smirk, and then walks towards the hat. After a bit of rummaging, she finally pulls out a name. But not just any name...
Mine.

Gaps fill the air. This is kind fitting actually. I get off the wooden bench and go stand next to Beth, not making eye contact. I feel my eyes burning, but I must keep my cool.
"Alright, you girls have 1 hour to practice. Go to the music room you two. Well meet back here after the hour is up. See you then" Miss Kate says. Beth leans towards me slyly and whispers to me;
"You're going down Raymond"
And then struts off, making my jaw tighten. Quickly, I follow, ready to beat that mess.

Giselle's POV

Riley v Beth. Beth..v Riley. That's kinda perfect. I just hope Riley's competitive side doesn't come out cause she doesn't play nice.
"Wow you guys..." Miss Kate says.
"This is perfect!" I screech.
"Why did it have to be Riley!? Beth can't beat her!" Skylar implies.
"Whatever we do, we have to keep Riley nice" I reason, earning me nods.
"Definitely" Eldon agrees.
"Riley's definitely got this! She's gonna crush Beth!" Thalia shrieks.
"I think Beth is gonna win actually Thalia, so shut up" Daniel snaps. TNS look at eachother, everyone thinking the same thing.

All of a sudden, we all burst out laughing, startling Daniel. That's the funniest thing i've ever heard!
"What? What's so funny?" Daniel asks, clueless.
"That was a joke, right?" Chloe questions.
"No" Daniel answers.
"Riley can beat that mess any day!" Thalia comments.
"We'll just have to see, won't we" Tess says.

Beth's POV

Leaning over the small black balance beam, I think about how this my time to shine. To show everyone that I'm better then her. To prove that James should be mine rightfully. Until that idiot stole him from me...I'll fin-
"Ow!"

I look to my left and see Riley sitting on the floor, holding her leg, which now has a red mark on it. She deserves that. She deserves every bit of pain she gets. I'm glad she's in pain. Why does James like her? She's an idiot who is probably just using him. She's hardly a good dancer, and don't even get me started on how ugly she is. I glance down at her and scoff at her figure, making her look at me. Then, she gets up and continjes running her routine, whilst I watch for a few minutes without her noticing. As she practices, a idea comes into my head.

"Hey Raymond!" I shout. She glares at me, soon walking over.
"I have a name you know!" She replies sassily.
"Whatever. Let's make a deal. James deserves to be with me, so if I win this, you have to give him up" I state, surprising her. "Worried?" I taunt.
"I'm not putting James on the line Beth!" She comments.
"I think someone's chicken...oops!' I fake realise.
"I'm not! I'm in...but what if I win?" She asks.
'If you win, though it definitely won't happen..., I'll stop bothering you and James" I sigh.
"Deal" she replies.

This is going to be fun...

1 hour later

Riley's POV

I walk into Studio A, Beth going into the middle of the room whilst I sit down next to James on the bench. I really hope I'm not making a big mistake. Besides, I can beat Beth....right?

The music starts, 'Into You'...typical Beth. When she starts dancing, I see how much she has improved since dancing at The Next Step. Shes learnt a lot more tricks. I hope I'm good enough to beat her. Near the end of the song, I glance up at James, to which he sees and looks down at me with a goofy/reassuring look on his face which instantly calms my nerves. I just hope I don't loose him..If I did, I don't think I could ever forgive myself.

The music stops and Elite clap. Soon after, I'm called to the stage and, with the cheers of my peers behind me, I go to the middle of the room and start dancing to 'Break Free'. So much is at stake right now: my reputation, my spot on A-Troupe and, most importantly, James. I just start dancing my heart out. There's not really much else I can do.

Miss Kate's POV

What happened to Riley? She's like a straw! How can a human being be this flexible!? She might even be more bendy then the queen of acro; Giselle. After about 2 minutes, she finishes up her routine. And just....wow. I'm so proud of her right now. Nervously, though she shouldn't be, she makes her way to the middle of the room, soon followed by Beth. I honestly really hope Beth doesn't make A-Troupe. I honestly don't like her that much. She's such a pain.

"Alright guys, who's is gonna be?" I ask, already knowing the answer. Everyone points at Riley, making Beth's face go red with anger.
"What!?" Lucien shouts, surprised. Riley and Beth face eachother, and Beth mutters a few words before walking out of the Studio A, leaving Riley with a snarky look on her face. Oh God, her dragon tooth is showing!

Riley's POV

Her words....Her words....Her words...what? Looks like I'll be talking to Beth again then. I know when shes planning something, and right now, shes planning to break up me and James. Anyway, I'm glad to be back on A-Troupe! Now I can go to internationals with the team! But I'm going to have to keep my guard up.

As I'm sitting on the bench, I lean my head on James's shoulder, and he pulls my petite body closer to his and begins to play with loose strands of my hair before suddenly stopping and staring at me.
"What?" I ask, looking up at him.
"You ok Riley? I can tell somethings wrong..." He states.
"James, I'm fine. If something was going on I would tell you, alright?" I comment.
"Ok baby girl" He finishes, caressing my cheek. I'm trying to act normal but I don't think I can for much longer. If Beth plan works, everything will change.

'We're coming for you girl. You won't be here for much longer'

Ooh! Mysterious! I'm thinking about doing a sad chapter. Do you think I should?