Chapter 2

Amy's POV

"Thanks for the lift bro," I smiled as I undid my seat belt and reached for the door handle.

I couldn't see Jamie's face but I knew he would be rolling his eyes due to my use of the word 'bro' which he hated.

"Wait," he said just as my hand touched the door handle which caused me to turn back to look at him.

I nodded indicating for him to continue.

"Just don't start anything serious with Jonah okay. We're leaving again in four weeks." Jamie mumbled not looking in my eyes but instead staring intently at his hands which were gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"I thought he was a player?" I chuckled. "If he was a player he wouldn't want anything serious?" I continued.

"Whatever, look just don't start anything with him. Nothing serious but not a fling either okay?"

"Okay okay," I sighed, "I didn't even get his number okay?" I lied raising my hands up as I opened the door.

"Good," Jamie grunted before continuing, "So call me during the week and we can meet up again."

I smiled as I responded, "Sure, maybe Jonah could come again." I smirked slightly and waggled my eyebrows as the words left my mouth.

"Oh your so funny Amy," Jamie said flatly, clearly not impressed.

"Whatever bro," I said trying to annoy him as I slipped out of the car, "Just make the most of these four weeks okay?" I said turning serious as I leaned back into the car.

"You know I will," he chuckled as I slammed the door closed.

I waited on the pavement outside my appartment block until Jamie had driven to the end of the road.

I sighed as I turned around and started walking towards the bricked appartment block pulling my jacket higher as the cool wind whipped through my hair.

I loved having Jamie back. Every day that he was away I would worry about him. I hated knowing that when he left it could be the last time I saw him.

I tried to block the thoughts of Jamie leaving from my mind as I slid my key into the lock. I was so proud of Jamie and how far he had come since school. He loved his job and it was worth all the worry to see him doing something he loved. But it didn't stop me from worrying. Nothing would. He was my brother after all.

*--*

Jonah's POV

I groaned as I cracked my eyes open. Light was flooding through the see through material that couldn't pass as curtains.

I pulled my pillow over my pounding head, trying to block out the light.

Finally, after realising I wasn't going get back to sleep I slung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. I felt slightly dizzy but the pounding in my head was already lessening.

I picked up my phone - which was charging on my bedside table - and flicked through my messages hoping to find one from Amy. Disappointment flooded through me when I saw no new messages in my inbox.

I slipped on the same pair of jeans from last night and stumbled down stairs to where my parents were eating breakfast.

Seeing as I spent most of my time moving around with the army I didn't own a house. On leave I usually just stayed with my parents and a couple of friends. It was nice as it meant I got to spend more time with my parents.

"Morning son," my dad chirped happily as he folded his newspaper and placed it on the table in front of him.

"Morning dad," I said as I smiled fondly at my dad. He was a great guy and an amazing father. "Morning mum," I continued as I kissed her on her cheek and walked straight to the cupboard to grab an aspirin.