Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Jonah's POV

As soon as I entered the packed club I spotted Jamie. His blonde hair shining like a beacon from the sea of moving bodies.

I shuffled through the crowd towards the bar where Jamie was waiting for me.

"Hey man," I smiled, giving him one of those man hug things as I reached him.

"What's up?" He responded as he passed me bottle of beer which he had bought for me.

"Nothing much. I spent the day with my parents."

"Well tell them I said hi," Jamie said.

My parents and Jamie had always gotten on well. They had also known him since he was sixteen and treated him like another son when he stayed. Whether Jamie saw that as a good or bad thing, I don't know.

"Will do," I replied, before continuing, "What about you?"

"I just met up with some old school friends for lunch," he shrugged easily.

We leant against the bar as we continued to chat, occasionally taking swigs of our beers. My eyes scanned the crowd but no one seemed to stand out to me tonight.

My eyes landed on a tall brunette. She was wearing a tight dress that barely covered her ass. Her eyes met mine and a seductive smile pulled at the corner of her lips as her eyes raked over my body.

I looked away not wanting to give her the wrong impression, but it was too late she was already marching over here. Her eyes glued to the prize. Me.

I tugged on Jamie's arm who was also scanning the dance floor, a small smirk on his lips.

"Hey man, let's move over there. It's got a better view," I lied, chuckling easily.

"Sure," Jamie responded leading the way.

I sighed as we leant back against the bar. I couldn't see the brunette so I guessed she lost us in the crowd.

"See anyone you like?" Jamie asked as he turned to look at me.

"Nah," I shrugged as I took another sip of my nearly empty beer.

"What about you?" I asked.

"A couple," he replied. "You'll be my wingman right?" He continued.

"You know it," I chuckled as I slapped him on the back.

We were just about to make our move on a group of girls - around the same age as us - when someone tapped my shoulder.

I turned around to get a better view. My jaw tensed when I saw the brunette from earlier. Damn, I thought I'd lost her.

"Hey there," she purred leaning in close to me.

"Um, hey.." I mumbled, my eyes not meeting her's.

"I'm Toni," she continued not even noticing my hesitation.

I didn't respond.

"And you are?" She encouraged. Damn her voice was annoying. I'm surprised I could hear it it was so high.

"Er... Jonah." I mumbled again. Why do I keep tripping over my words?

"Your shy, I like that." Toni purred while moving her hand to rest on my chest. I took a step back but just walked into Jamie. She closed the distance anyway.

"Not shy, just taken." I blurted out.

Her eyes widened slightly and she was clearly disappointed.