Chapter 17

Chapter 17

We swayed to the vibrating base of the dance music. My hands tightened round his neck, while his rested on my hips, his thumbs constantly tracing circles. His touch set my skin on fire, even though there was a layer of material between his hands and my skin. Jonah pulled me impossibly closer so there wasn't a breath of space between us.

"Everyone is jealous of me tonight," he whispered in my ear, his breath setting my skin alight.

"Why?" I giggled as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Look around," he chuckled in response. Lifting my head from his shoulder I glanced around the club and noticed most of the guys around us staring at me.

"Why are they looking at me?" I asked, suddenly feeling very self-conscious as I wrapped my arms around my body trying to hide myself from the intense glares.

"Because you are the most gorgeous girl here," Jonah continued to whisper as he wrapped his body around mine sensing my discomfort.

"Ha ha," I said flatly but not moving an inch.

"Don't believe me, but it's the truth," he shrugged awkwardly seeing as his arms were still wrapped around me tightly. His grip tightened even more suddenly. I tried to look around but due to the way he was holding me it was slightly awkward.

"Excuse me, but can I have this dance?" I heard a voice with a thick French accent ask from behind me. I wiggled round so I was facing the man who, firstly look about ten years older than both Jonah and I, and secondly was nowhere near as good looking as Jonah - but then again not a lot of people were.

"No sure whether you are his type," I said while gesturing to Jonah, whose arms were around my waist and chin resting on my shoulder in a protective manner, with a playful smirk on my lips.

"I mean you, beautiful," the French guy continued a smile which he probably thought was attractive forming on his lips but I just couldn't help compare it to Jonah's, which it had nothing on. I shivered slightly at the face he called me beautiful, coming from his lips it sounded seedy and just plain creepy. Jonah's arms tightened around my waist.

"Sorry but I think I'm good dancing with him," I said with a shrug like it was no big deal but I honestly just wanted this guy to go away so I could continue to dance with the hot guy who had his arms round my waist right now.

"No, dance with me," the guy pretty much demanded and I instantly felt Jonah's body tense. In one swift motion he pulled me behind his body so he was now standing between me and this guy.

"She said no," Jonah practically growled, the whole time he held onto me to make sure I didn't disappear.

"Oh come on," she guy continued. Did he seriously not get the idea? Did he honestly not realise I was with Jonah? Did he really believe he had a chance against Jonah? Was he blind?

"Just leave her alone man," Jonah sighed obviously becoming tired of this guy's futile attempts.

"No fun," the guy threw his hands in the air, before shooting a quick wink in my direction and sauntering off towards a group of men like him.

"Desperate," I giggled as Jonah turned around to face me. He looked angry but as soon as his eyes met mine the anger disappeared and was replaced with a smile.

"Are you ok?" he asked as he cupped my face.

"I'm fine," I chuckled.

"Are you sure?" He continued as he stroked my cheek making me lose my train of thought.