Chapter 14

AN: The first part is the last chapter but in Amy's POV

Chapter 14

Amy.

I still couldn't breathe. I hadn't been able to since the phone call. How I wish I could turn back time. If only I had been able to stop him from going or at least told him I loved him one more time. None of it seemed real. It couldn't be real. My brother couldn't be dead. He couldn't have left this world forever. Forever. That word seemed to swirl around my head, haunting my every thought, plaguing my mind.

I couldn't process the news. I saw things like this happen in hundreds of movies, but I never thought it would happen to me, to Jamie. It wasn't meant to happen to us. It shouldn't happen to anyone. The pain I felt was unbearable, like nothing I had ever experience. No one should be put through this. The pain was worse than the time I broke my arm when I was seven, the pain was worse than when I found out my dad was in hospital when I was ten. Words couldn't express what I was feeling. I felt numb yet every part of my body was throbbing at the same time. It was felt like I was hot and cold at the same time. My body didn't know what to feel. Every emotion clouded my mind and blurred my mind.

Everything seemed ten times harder. Getting out of bed, eating, walking, talking, everything. I didn't want to see anyone, I didn't want to do anything except say in bed all day and cry. Every last bit of energy was drained from my body long ago. However, today was different. Today I had to get out of bed, I had to eat and I had to see him. Because today was the day Jonah returned.

I didn't know how I would feel seeing him again. I couldn't even think about it. All I could focus on the huge task that was in front of me. Getting ready.

*---*

I thought I would have stopped by now. My eyes felt dry I had cried so much. However, the tears never seemed to cease. Not as I was driving to the airport, and not as I was making my way through the arrivals lounge. Somehow I still had enough liquid in my body to form tears.

The salty droplets stained my cheeks and blurred my vision as I hurried through the airport - knowing I was late - but I didn't care. I looked a mess, earning me stares, but that's not what mattered. All that I could think of was Jonah and seeing him. He would probably take one look at me in this state and forget why he fell for me in the first place but I forced that thought out of my mind.

I dodged my way through the crowded terminal, my feet moving without me even thinking. As I moved my eyes scanned the ocean of unfamiliar faces until they landed on his.

His hair was longer than when he left but still short. He had a thin layer of stubble on his jaw and his green eyes sparkled with unshed tears. His parents walked behind him as he seemed to search the crowd while walking towards the exit. He was looking for me. As I continued to study his face I noticed the disappointment and sadness etched into his skin. He thought I hadn't come.

"Amy?" I heard his voice as his eyes met mine. It sounded so broken, so defeated my heart actually started to ache for him. I had even considered how Jamie's death affected him. His best friend had died.

"Jonah," I breathed as smile fighting its way onto my lips as I threw myself on him. This was the closest I had felt to being happy since the news of Jamie's death. It was in that moment that I realised just how much I needed Jonah, and that he would be the one to heal me.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry. I never meant for this happen. This wasn't meant to happen. I wish it had been me. I am so sorry Amy," He said his voice muffled as he buried his face into my hair. My heart felt like is stopped as his words sunk in. He blamed himself. I had never seen Jonah more vulnerable than now. This strong, tough, funny guy - who never seemed affected by anything - was crying into my shoulder begging for my forgiveness.