5. The party ends

*Warning: Sexual content ahead*
________________________________

Ben

"Fuck baby, I'm gonna come", I panted as I pounded her against the bathrom door.

"Me too", she said breathing just as heavily.
With one final trust, I finally released and a few seconds later, she did too. Disposing of the condom, I proceeded to pull up my boxers and started to get dressed.

"My parents are throwing a barbeque next weekend", I heard her say as I was buttoning up my shirt. "It's their first one for the summer". She paused before saying, "You should come".

"You know I don't do that sort of thing", I said.

"Geez, it's not like I asked you to meet my parents".

Looking in her direction, I raised an eyebrow. "Isn't it the same thing?"

Rolling her eyes, she began to arrange her undergarments. "So what if you meet my parents", she began, "they don't bite".

Looking at her green pleading eyes, I sighed and rubbed my forhead. Jessica and I had been fooling around since the day I first met her in the club, two months ago. She was the only girl that stuck around, knowing that I couldn't give her anything more than sex. She wasn't the clingy type and wasn't looking for anything serious. Just like me. However, I should have known that there was no such thing as 'friends with benefits'. Someone always gets hurt. Jessica had been trying to include me in her personal activities for a few weeks now. First it was a couple of drinks with her friends and now? Now she wants me to meet her bloody parents.

"I thought we had an understanding", I said gently, knowing fully where this conversation was heading.

"We did. We do. I'm not asking you to marry me Ben, Jesus Christ!".

Marry. If only she knew what that word meant to me.

"Maybe we should go over the agreement. I want nothing but a fuck Jessica, nothing less, nothing more".

I expected the slap which I recieved soon after I finished my sentence.

"You're a tool, you know that?", she said before storming out of the bathroom, spilling Tom's drink in the process.

"Woah, what'd you do to her", he said, trying to remove the stain which was now on his shirt.

"The same thing I do with all women. Break their heart".

Tom didn't respond to my comment. Instead he kept focusing on his now even more stained shirt.

"I'm going to get myself a drink", I said making my way out.

"Oh, by the way", he said, "Your phone keeps going off. Seems like something important".

I groaned internally. I was off today. Nevertheless, if my patients needed me, they needed me. That was the down side of my job. Never getting a proper day off.

Making my way to the kitchen, I was suprised to see that many people had gone already. How long had I been pre occupied with Jessica for? I spotted my phone on the kitchen counter. Jesus. Twenty missed calls from an unkown number. Surely, this must be from the hospital.

Soon enough, the phone started ringing in my hands. Without hesitation, I pressed the accept button.

"Ben, it's Addison. Addison Wright", she said before I could even say hello.

"Addison?", I questioned. Why was Addison Wright calling me? She was the head nurse of the trauma and violence department in the hospital.

"I think you have the wrong Ben", I said quickly after. I had nothing to do with her deparment. I was in orthopeadics.

"Ben listen, I need you to come to the hospital".

The next few words caused my blood to turn cold.

________________________________

I must have ran five speed cameras and ten red lights by now. I didn't care. I just wanted to get there as soon as possible.

"You need to slow down Ben. You're gonna get us killed".

Tom was probably right. I didn't care though. I just wanted to see her. To beat that motherfucker who did this to her. I wasn't even sure what had happend exactly. I hung up as soon as I heard the words Lisa and attacked. Tom seemed to notice my distress and hopped in the car with me.

A million thoughts were running through my mind. What could have happened? The neighbourhood she was living in was safe. I would know, from the countless times I 'accidently' took the wrong way on my way home.

A twenty minute drive took me less then ten minutes. Rushing to the trauma department, I made my way to the reception desk.

"I'm looking for Lisa Dunn", I said in a harsher tone than intended.

The middle aged receptionist put on her glasses and started browsing on the computer.

"We don't have anybody here with that surname Sir", she said after what seemed like a lifetime.

I groaned and banged my hand on the table, startling the lady next to me.

"Try Lisa Martinez".

After another eternity of browsing, she finally directed me to the fifth floor. I ran up the stairs, not thinking about the fact that she hadn't changed her surname back to her maiden name.

Reaching the fifth floor, I spotted Addison immediately. I was thrown off guard when I noticed that there were several policemen circulating the ward.

"Ben", I heard Addison call out.

"What the fuck is going on", I roared, walking in her direction. "Where is she?"

"She's being treated as we speak".

"Treated? Treated for what?". I had made out this situation to be minor. Clearly, it was not.

"She has quite a few cuts and bruises. She broke her floating ribs and there are signs of some damage in her costal cartilages. Her head seems to have been banged a few times, so there are also signs of concussion," she stopped, in order for me to absorb the given information.

My head started spinning. Addison lead me to the nearest chair. "I don't understand", I said. "What happened?"

"We're not sure yet", she said with a sigh. "She's still unconscious. We'll know when she wakes up".

Unconscious? I looked at her with confused, pleading eyes. She lowered her eyes, almost like she couldn't look at mine. There was more to the story.

"What is it?"

"What else God damn it", I yelled when she didn't respond.

She glanced at me, making sure to avoid my wondering eyes. "We found traces of semen in her labia".

That was all it took.

That was all it took for me to lose my shit.

________________________________