Chapter 4- The aftermath

AN- the guy in the picture is kinda how I imagined Anderson to look, except Anderson would be older and have more stubble/ a slight beard. Also woww this is the longest chapter I've written so far :'). Please feel free to let me know what you think of the story so far!

"Vale? Vale? You need to wake up now, Vale. Vale?" A deep voice said.

It was Anderson.

I tried opening my eyes, but it took various attempts to get them both to open. The room looked white, but there was no more light in it than before. Everything had this indescribable light pink tint.

I felt high. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad. It was like dizziness that I couldn't comprehend. I felt as light as a feather, but heavier than usual.

As the bright filter I was seeing wore itself out, I managed to gain sight of the ceiling.

I tried to sit up, but my slow attempt was interrupted by Anderson telling me to "just relax", and explaining what had happened.

"You must be wondering what's going on." He began, scratching his beard. "You had a panic attack and then passed out."

I raised my hands so they were over my face. I looked at them. They moved slightly, spinning and turning, but it wasn't as drastic as before. I was no longer drunk. But I wasn't yet sober.

I just felt uncomfortable. And sick. And shitty. I wanted to sit up. I wanted to face Anderson. I felt too vulnerable laying down, but if I tried to sit up, he would've just told me to lay back down again.

I clenched my jaw and continued to listen to him as he spoke.

"I spoke with Rhys, and we agreed that not telling your mother about what had happened would be the best idea. It would just put extra stress on you." He said sympathetically.

His tone surprised me considering how angry he was a few... minutes ago? Hours ago?

How long was I passed out for?

I forgot to thank him for his agreement of keeping this confidential, and went straight into asking what the time was.

My voice didn't sound like my own. My words were not mine. They were too loud and I could not hear them.

This doesn't make sense.

I heard him uttering a string of numbers, but I didn't listen to him.

"Wait, what?" I said, hoping for him to repeat what he said.

"It's 6 o clock, just about,"

I felt my eyebrows furrow in confusion. It was only 4 o clock 10 minutes ago.

"Well, didn't my mom come to pick me up? What did you tell her?"

I sat up finally this time, and Anderson didn't comment on it. There was that head rush feeling again, mocking me for my choices.

"I explained that you had passed out-

"What?!" I nearly shouted. "You just said that you weren't gonna tell her!" I exclaimed.

"Oh for gods sake Vale, I meant I wasn't going to tell her that that you and Rhys came in drunk. Of course I have to tell somebody if their daughter passes out. And I wasn't going to lie to her, I just.. avoided tell her certain things."

Was he trying to convince me or himself?

I groaned, frustrated that my mother would be worrying about this. I would have to explain this to her at home later.