Chapter 5- Romeo,Romeo

AN- sorry for any mistakes lol I cba to edit

After around 10 minutes of boring waiting, I heard a tapping sound. And then another. And another.

I walked over to the window, and there I saw Rhys, throwing small pebbles at the glass that separated me from the outside world.

I smiled and opened the window.

"Rapunzel Rapunzel, let down your hair!" He shouted up to me.

I shushed him but couldn't contain my laughter. "I'm on the ground floor, you idiot," I replied, still laughing.

The window seemed hard to climb into, but not impossible.

He walked up closer to the window and looked up at me. We were nearly at eye level when I leaned down, but not quite.

He pulled himself up, and came through the window.

"And you didn't use the front door because..?"

He grinned "I didn't want to give our dear Doctor Anderson anymore stress. The window just seemed so fool proof."

He looked around the dark room.

"I'd hate to make a bad situation worse ,dear, but this room is depressing."

I looked, round, agreeing with him. "I'm freezing too." I said.

"What happened to your hoodie?" Rhys asked.

"I don't know.. I think I left it in Anderson's office but I really don't wanna go back and get it." I explained. I don't even remember taking it off.

All I was wearing was my white school shirt, with a badly done tie.

Rhys took off his blue school blazer and put it around me.

"Thank you," I said, instantly feeling the benefit of its warmth.

He sat down on the bed. Looking at the floor.

"You seem better," he noted.

"So do you, Anderson said you were in pretty bad shape."

He looked back up at me. "That's not important, love."

"But it is-"

"Vale it's not." He protested angrily. He ran his hand through his hair which seemed quite messy at the moment.

His hand had a slight shake. I wasn't sure whether to mention this or not.

We sat in silence for a moment. "The Purge is in less than two days." He spoke.

I really couldn't tell if he sounded more angry or more excited.

"We still killing each other?" I asked far too casually.

He nodded silently. There was something wrong with him. He seemed off.. more strange than usual.

"I'll look forward to it." I replied, slightly dishonestly. Was I really going to kill him? I mean, I've only properly known him for what- 2 days?