Chapter 7- One day

AN- been getting a lot of writers block so here's another short one for ya also pls ignore mistakes, I didn't proof read this

Tomorrow.

The annual purge was tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

And I had no clue what the fuck I was doing.

Of course, there was that whole 'killing Rhys' business, but I wasn't worried about that.

He was an interesting guy, I enjoyed being around him, but I've only known him for like 2 days. How attached could I possibly be?

Exactly.

And anyway, it won't be hard. I just need to get into my "purge mindset." But that was the problem.

Anderson and I agreed a couple of days ago that I was getting more manic, and I was but.. it's not enough. I fell into anxiety instead of mania, and I only have a day to change that. Well, a day and then until 7pm the next day.

So nearly 2 days I guess.

It'll be fine, I just had to try and get into a manic episode.

Could I even try and do it myself?

I hope so. Even if not, I sit need to get energetic enough to kill. To give myself a release.

Irritation. That usually triggers mania for me. And I knew just how to induce that.

Sadly, I had to say farewell to my cigarettes.

But I decided that I could have one last smoke before the purge started.

I pushed the covers off of me, realising that I was still in my school uniform. My arm hurt as I moved it, and I began to remember the events that unfolded yesterday. Nurses. Restrain. Syringe. I shuddered just thinking about it.

Just as I started to zip open my grey backpack, I remembered that I had ran out of cigarettes and that Rhys had forgotten to bring them to me like he said he would.

I groaned in annoyance before I picked up my phone to ask him to get me some- or rather just one.

I looked at the time as I unlocked it, it was 8:45am and there was no way I was agreeing to go to school today.

I hastily typed my message and sent it, eagerly awaiting his reply. I just wanted one more and then I had to stop for a little while.

-delivered-
You forgot to bring me cigarettes last night :((

I set the phone down and rubbed my eyes.

In two days, either me or Rhys will be dead, and it wasn't going to be me.

The only thing that made me reconsider going alone was Rhys's mention of bringing friends with him. What did he even mean by 'friends'?

I was going to be outnumbered, but it was far too late to organise a group of people to go with.

I briefly wondered if Anderson would ever go with me, even though he spoke with an anti purge mind set.

Oh great. Anderson. Knowing him, we would have an extra long group session today and tomorrow that would consist of him discouraging us from the purge. He hadn't been doing it as much as I thought he would recently, but I knew it was coming.