Chapter 6- Mellow

AN- heyy my dudes. This one's gonna be kinda short because I'm on holiday at the moment, but I hope you still enjoy it! Feel free to let me know what you thought of this chapter, or ask any questions about it :)

I had never known the meaning of the word calm before now.

Everything was so.. relaxed.

I lazily looked around my room to see Anderson sitting at a newly added chair next to my bed.

"They said you might wake up quickly." He noted.

"I'm- I'm sleepy" I quietly announced. I have never felt so comfortable in a bed before. It felt as though I was floating on a cloud.

"I can imagine, they had to give you the syringe."

He sounded pissed off, but why should anyone be pissed off? Life seemed so simple at the moment.

I giggled. This was like being drunk except I was far more tired and calm. "Can I call Rhys?" I asked him politely. "He's my best friend" I added happily.

"I'm not meant to leave the room, but let's say I.. 'go to the bathroom' for 5 minutes." He said as he got up and left.

Well, that didn't take much convincing. Of course, I didn't mind that he did what I had asked him to, but shouldn't he be more strict? After all, he was the adult.

Adult. That's such a weird word. Adult. Adult..

Before I found continue my pointless thoughts any longer, I opened my phone to see two unread text messages. They were from Rhys.

Rhys:
I stopped off at Zoey's house. She's upset but fine. How's the sleepover with Anderson, dear?

Rhys:
Oh, and I want my blazer back.

I couldn't read, or at least not very well.

-delivered-
Can we talk? Can't read xoxo

After a couple of minutes he called me.

I happily answered the phone, meanwhile wondering where Anderson had gone off to. 5 minutes was nearly up.

"So what happened to your ability to read? Enlighten me." He said straight away.

"Y'know" I said slowly, finding it a little hard to talk. "Most- most people say hello when they call someone."

"Are you drunk?" He asked with a surprised voice. Or maybe it was concern. I didn't really know, if I'm honest.

"Nononono" I assured him "I'm just allllll drugged up." I explained.

"And how did that happen?"

"I got angry, called some people nazis, they - they gave me this uh it was like a syringe I think. Hurt like a bitch." I noticed that my words were getting mixed up but I couldn't stop doing it.

He couldn't help but laugh when I told him about how I had called the nurses nazis. That probably wasn't the best idea.

"Well- are you alright?"

"My arm stingsss, and I feel sleepy." I groaned. "I think- I think there's a hole in your blazer" I said sadly, not wanting. To upset him.

"Get some rest, sweetheart. We'll talk in the morning." He told me.

I nodded, forgetting he couldn't see me. "G'night" I muttered, eyes closing.

He said something that I didn't understand as I hung up the phone.

I put my head against the pillow and drifted back into sleep.