18

"Tess, jem."  Magnus says, answering the door. "What are you guys doing here?"  He says as his friends follow him in.

"We were wanting to talk to you and alec."  Jem answers.

"Alec is in Toronto. The coach called a team meeting.  Can you talk to me then I talk to Alexander?"

"Sure.  There is a client at my law firm who's daughter is pregnant and they want to put the baby up for adoption."

"Why?"

"They are a very influential family and she is only fourteen so they want a private adoption and you and alec were the first people I thought of."

"I can't make this decision without talking it over with Alexander."

"Of course. Just let me know."  Jem says as they leave.

*********

"Hey."  Alec says when his computer dings with Skype.

"Hey."  Magnus says, smiling.

"Is everything ok?"

"Is think so."

"What's up?"

"Tessa and jem was here this afternoon."

"What for?"

"Jem has a client that has a young daughter that is pregnant and they want to put the baby up for adoption so they thought of us."

Alec stares at the screen with his mouth open not sure what to say.

"Alexander?"

"Do you think we could do it?"

"I think we would be great at it."

"Then let's do it. I should be back in town in a couple of days."

"Ok. Love you."

"Love you."  Alec says, disconnecting.

*********

"Ok."  Jem says as magnus and alec sit down in his office. "They agreed to all the details of the adoption except for their daughter being able to keep in touch with baby. They want it to be a closed adoption with no further contact after they birth."

Alec and magnus share a look and alec says, "ok. We can agree to that."

Jem nods and pushes the papers toward them to sign.