Final Part

A/N: This is when you get a date (picnic) with your favorite prince. This is a Bain x Human!reader pairing. Just so you all know and just in case you forgot Thorin adopts the reader and the reader is human.

You were walking around the outside of the mountains, you'd finally ditched your personal guard. You needed to get away from all the people that came for the peace agreement that your adopted father was holding. You were praying that the only one who knew you were missing was your guard, but unfortunately someone noticed your missing presence and went off to find you. You turn around when you hear your name being called. "Y/N. There you are. I was looking for you. You disappeared before I could talk to you." It was Bain, your crush.

"Oh, umm. I just needed to get away from the crowds. If I knew you wanted to talk I would've stayed." you say

"I think I'd prefer to talk to you alone." he says slightly nervous.

"Oh, ok. What did you want to talk about?"

"Well, Da and I will be staying here for a couple of days. And I was wondering if we could spend some time together. Just me and you."

"Sure." You say a little to quickly mentally slapping yourself. "I mean yeah, sure, why not. How about we go on a picnic tomorrow?"

"That sounds fun. Let's do it."

The Next Day

Today was the day of your picnic with your crush and you were freaking out about what you were going to wear. When you finally decide what to wear you go to the kitchens and grab the picnic basket that one of the Bombur made for you. You grabbed a picnic blanket that your Auntie Dis made for you and went out to wait for Bain.

The two of you ate and talked and he asked you about how you got here and how you met the company. " Well,...." you say remembering what happened.

It was just another routine day, you'd gone to the library like you always do. You opened up the return slot and started to put your books in the slot. You felt a tug on the end of the arm that was putting books in the slot. Next thing you know you were being sucked into the slot like the girls from totally spies. You found yourself falling and you saw swirls of green and blue while you screamed. You stop falling and feel a soft yet hard thing under you. You hear a gruff "Get off.". (You fell on Thorin) you hear laughter around you and a pair of strong arms pick you up. You open your eyes to see, Dwalin. They sat you down and asked you all kinds of questions. They decided to take you with them and became your family along the way.

"....And that's how it happened." you say looking at Bain who was laughing at the fact that you fell on Thorin.

"That might be the funniest thing I've ever heard in my entire life." he says trying to regain his composure.

By the end of the picnic, you had told each other your life stories. You had felt like you'd known each other your whole lives. "We should do this again." he says. You nod in response.

*Timeskip*

You hear the music that cues you in. You were beyond nervous, today was your wedding day. Your father, Thorin, saw how nervous you were, he grabbed your hands and looked you in the eye and said "You can do this. You love him and if you don't go through with this I'm going to be upset with you for wasting my money." he say with a joking smile.

That made you feel a little better. You grab his hand and the door opens and he gives you away. You were standing there staring at your handsome, husband to-be and he was staring at you. You were so dazed out thinking about your future with him you almost missed the vows. By the reception you still hadn't grasped the fact that this was real. You really didn't get it until your coronation day, the day you officially became the Queen of Dale.

*Timeskip*

"....And that my sweets is how your father and I met and fell in love." you say looking at your 3 children. "Now it's time for bed my loves. Off you go."

After they went to bed your husband, Bain comes over and says jokingly "Y/N tell me the story of how we met please." You two just laugh at his joke. The kids are always asking you to tell how you met and fell in love and got married. You missed your life back home, but you loved your life here and wouldn't give it up for any reason.