10. The Truth

Bellamy

"What's wrong with her?" He asked Abby desperately when she hobbled down the dropship ladder.

They had been back at camp a day. Bellamy had carried Clarke back to camp. She had been in and out of consciousness since then but there didn't seem to be anything wrong with her.

Abby wasn't badly hurt but had only just been allowed to start moving around again.

"She's probably just malnourished, is there enough food here?" Abby asked, looking over her daughter.

"Yes, well right now there is. You think she hasn't been eating?" Bellamy asked.

"Not enough. I will need to examine her further to see what has effected her so badly. Raven tells me she has been throwing up?" Abby asked and Bellamy couldn't focus.

"I only saw it once." He said, dazed and Abby glanced back sympathetically, noticing his distress.

"Could you get me some water and then give me a moment to check her over?" She asked.

He obeyed, gave her the water and left the dropship.

He walked numbly over to where Raven, Finn, Jasper, Monty, Raven and Octavia were all sat around a fire.

Bellamy sank down beside his sister.

"How is she?" O asked, placing her hand over his.

"Abby thinks she hasn't been eating enough, she's doing some tests now."

"Well we are lucky the Ark came down when they did." Jasper breathed and Bellamy nodded.

He couldn't get the image of her out of his mind, the paleness of her skin. Clarke didn't get sick! She helped the sick, but she didn't get ill or injured. It just didn't happen.

But it had. And Bellamy didn't know how to process it.

Clarke

She woke up slowly, and saw someone sitting beside her.

She sat up and looked down on her mum. She had her head on the table where Clarke was lying.

She woke with a start and looked up.

"Oh Clarke! You're awake!" She exclaimed, pulling her in for a hug.

Clarke forgot all about her hatred toward her mother and hugged her back quickly before pulling away.

"What happened?" She asked, the last thing she could remember was walking back to camp with Bellamy. "Bellamy? Where is he?" She asked hurriedly.

"Shh calm down, it's the middle of the night. Bellamy is fine. Quite the hero, you fainted and he carried you back." Abby said, smiling.

"He did?" Clarke asked, blinking, and Abby nodded. "I need to see him."

"Not so fast." Her mum said sternly and Clarke met her gaze. "We have something to discuss." She said, her tone unnerving.

"What is it?" Clarke asked, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"You fainted because you have been over working yourself. I have heard it from several of your friends; too active, not drinking or eating enough, not enough to support one person, let alone two..." she said, her eyes glinting but her lips pressed together in a thin line. It was like she couldn't decide what expression she wanted to show.

"Two? Two what?" Clarke asked, not following and then she saw the stethoscope around her mums neck and Abby's gaze shifted. Clarke followed it and stared down at her stomach. She felt sick again. She was sick. "No! No... I can't be...no..." Clarke mumbled once she sat back up and Abby nodded, grinning now. So, she was more happy than she was mad that her daughter had gotten herself knocked up! Clarke supposed that was good.