15. A Kicker

5 months, 2 weeks pregnant
Bellamy

Another 2 months had passed and spring was in full force, hunters came back with more and more food, so people were working double time in the meat shed.

There had been some grounder movement not too far away so Kane and the council were sending out guards to do perimeter checks and the council was busy all the time.

The camp had expanded greatly but the part that Bellamy focused on was the cabin he had been building for Clarke. He had planned for it to be a surprise but she had been going for a stroll around camp (with Lexa, yes they are still together) when she saw it, mostly constructed.

It had all walls, a door, windows and its roof now and Bellamy had poured all of his time and effort into it and since Clarke was now rather heavily pregnant, she was only doing a few shifts in medical, and it had now become her job to bring him lunch.

Once she had made a joke about being just like a housewife, bringing the food home to the husband, and while Lexa stood there red in the face, Clarke and Bellamy had both laughed, and in his head that had seemed a beautiful image - also yes, he hadn't been able to move on. He had tried dating but none of it meant anything. It also felt wrong, when he had a kid on the way...he wondered if Clarke felt like that with Lexa.

Alas he couldn't just ask, so he settled for focusing on the physical effort of building a Cabin, Miller and his friends offered help a few times which he accepted - but he wanted to do it mostly himself.

"It's looking good Blake!" Clarke said, totering around the corner of the cabin to see where he was knelt on the floor without a shirt on, chopping wood. He grinned up at her and stood, wiping his brow.

She had a bag of nuts and berries in one hand and she was holding her bulging stomach in the other.

"Here!" She said and he noticed how she was trying to look anywhere but at his chest. He caught the bag of food and smirked.

"No meat?" He asked and she shook her head.

"Not today." She shrugged, her smile fading.

"You alright?" He asked, putting the bag down after popping some of its contents into his mouth.

"Yeah, yeah I guess." And then suddenly she looked like she might cry.

"Clarke!" He exclaimed, going to her.

"Oh shit this has been happening all day! Did I mention how annoying it is being pregnant?" She said laughing and Bellamy laughed too.

"You might have mentioned it." He chuckled and she looked over his chest then and at the cabin, and she started to cry. "Oh come here." He said, pulling her in for a hug.

"You're laughing at me!" She cried, her voice muffled against his chest.

"Shhh" he said, still laughing.

Clarke sighed in defeat and he felt her relax in his hold, hugging him back and nuzzeling into his chest.

"You're very hot." She said and there was a split second silence before she pulled away. "You're body that is! Hot and sweaty, warm. Disgusting!" She said, slapping him accross his abs before walking away from Bellamy who was laughing so hard it hurt. "Oh my god. Bellamy shut up!"

He didn't stop laughing.

"Bellamy! Shut up." She said again and he heard the urgency in her voice.

"What is it?" He asked, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"The baby just kicked." She said and Bellamy went very still, taking in the image before him of Clarke, her eyes wide, a smile frozen on her face, both hands placed over her stomach. "Get over here you idiot!" She exclaimed and he stumbled over.

"Here, sit." He said, helping her into the chair by the door. She sat down and pulled him to his knees.

She moved her hands from her stomach and started giggling when Bellamy simply sat there, too shocked to move.

Slowly, her hands found his and she brought them up slowly to her stomach.

Clarke yelped a little just as Bellamy felt the baby push into her stomach. He exhaled.

He swore and Clarke laughed again. He looked up and saw that she was crying again. Hell, he was about to cry!

The baby kicked again and he could almost imagine its little foot hitting his palm.

He didn't take his eyes of Clarke and she leaned her head back.

"It doesnt hurt does it?" He asked in a small voice unlike his own and she shook her head.

"No, no it doesn't hurt." She smiled, absentmindedly brushing her fingers through the curls on the top of his head before resting her hand on his cheek. "Im glad you're here for this." She said quietly and Bellamy had to look away then, overwhelemed.

"So am I." He said quietly, hating that painful ache in his stomach. He gently kissed the top of the baby bump and jumped to his feet. "Well princess, I better get back to work. If we are to have a kicker, I think I'll have to build a bigger crib!" He exclaimed and Clarke giggled.

He then held out his hands, she took them, and he pulled her back to her feet.

"Well I guess I'll leave you to it." She said and Bellamy took up his place back on the floor. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For everything. I don't know how I'd do any of this without you." She said quietly and Bellamy nodded.

"It's no trouble, now scram, you have someone waiting for you." Bellamy said as brightly as he could, noticing Lexa turn around the corner.

He watched Clarke go over to her, kiss her and then walk away with a slight wave in his direction.

Bellamy sighed, surprisingly content,  and got back to work.