21. Meadow

What's a soulmate?

It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else.

Clarke

Rubbing her eyes, Clarke pushed the cabin door open with her elbow. She paused in the doorway upon seeing Bellamy stood in the centre of the room, his side to her and his head tilted away slightly.

He had Jake in his arms and was bouncing him up and down, smiling and talking nonsense to him.

Just that morning Clarke had awoken in Bellamy's arms, and she had never felt more safe, and now, here he was with their child. She wanted to kiss him! God she wanted to so bad!

Clarke closed the door and he looked around quickly.

"Hey! Let me help you with all that!" He exclaimed, noting the box in her arms.

"Thanks but I believe you have your arms full!" She laughed, placing the box down.

He nodded, "yeah I guess, he's just so little." He said in an adorable voice, looking down at Jake.

"Yeah, he may be little but I'd rather you not test your ability to hold something else at the same time as carying our child!" She scoffed and something flashed accross Bellamy's face, there and gone too quickly to make out its meaning properly though.

"Fair point!" He smirked, gently putting the little boy in the crib.

Clarke dropped the box onto the table with a thump and Bellamy came up to her side, his shoulder pressed to hers.

"What is all that?" He asked.

"Some stuff my mum asked me to sought through." She said briefly.

"And by that, you mean you offered to sort through it." He said, raising his eyebrow at her and she pressed her lips together, trying not to smile.

She ignored him and went to pick up the first thing. He pulled her hand away and turned her to face him. She blinked up at him in bewilderment.

"I think, you need a break." He said and Clarke blinked.

"We have a baby"

"Really? Where?"

She hit him and shook her head, unable to keep down a small giggle.

"I know we have a baby! And I have a sister, who is very eager to play aunt." He said, biting his lip, a clear eagerness burning in his brown eyes.

"Octavia? What-"

"Come out with me. She can take care of him for the day." He said and she wanted to say yes, she did but- "that's not a no so I'm gonna assume you are all for it, meet you at the gate in 10?"

"Well-"

"Okay!" He patted her on the back and waltzed right out of the door.

Clarke stared at the wall and scoffed in disbelief, her lips stretching into a giddy grin.

Bellamy

He knew that when Octavia offered to babysit, it was a con to get him and Clarke together....but did that bother him? Not really.

He stood by the gate, waiting, worrying that she wouldn't come. He had a throbbing headache but he put that down to nerves. He had been planning this for a few days, and he knew that he wanted to tell her exactly how he felt about her. He couldn't go on like this, everytime he saw her he wanted to kiss her and holding her in his arms felt so good and right and when ever he saw her holding their little boy he felt like part of a family. A beautiful family but he wanted to be with her properly. He didn't want to look into the future and see them grow apart, he didn't want to think about a messy future where they start dating other people and their son has to pick sides while he and Clarke argue over who has to watch him.