32 - A WEDDING

"Deep breaths, it's just cold feet, right?"

Lucy Hammer stood in front of a full length mirror, patting down her elegant white dress. A veil was flung off her face, her blonde hair styled perfectly. We stood in the hideaway room in a modern church in Los Angeles, her wedding day finally upon us. We had been getting ready for nearly three hours, my own champagne coloured dress hanging from my shoulders. There was maybe nearly sixty waiting wedding guests just through the back door, everybody waiting for the beautiful bride to arrive and walk down the isle. But here we stood, Lucy Hammer panicking slightly. After years of dating and a long time of being engaged, she was finally marrying Aaron James. Well, if I could get her down the isle, that was. "Lu, hey. We're doing this. Even if I have to drag you down that aisle, you're marrying that man today."

My best friend had grown so much since her party girl college days, and Aaron James had been a very big part of that. He was quite, somewhat boring but he tamed her quite nicely. They were completely different people but somehow, they mellowed each other out. Lucy turned her pretty light eyes towards me, sucking in a deep breath. "Marriage, it seems a little outdated though. I mean, it's just a concept formed by society, you know? It's a big commitment, Tilly. Maybe it's a bad idea."

I was shifting a laugh, dumping my bouquet of flowers on a side table and joining her to glance upon herself in the mirror. Her other bridesmaids were out in the hallway, most likely flirting with some best men and rightfully, I was by her side, like I had been for many years. "Lu, you've been together with Aaron for like fourteen years or something, I don't think marriage is that big of a step." Quickly, I saw the doubt clouding in her eyes and cleared my throat, knowing she needed more than a joke right now. "Look, we've been best friends for years and he's the only person that makes you smile when you cry, a part from me. He's your soulmate."

Lucy blinked a few times, watching herself in the mirror. "You're my soulmate too."

"Well, yes, but Aaron gives you something I can't, Lucy." I was saying quietly, brushing away some loose hair from her shoulder and trying to calm her down. I could hear the soft tune of a melody floating through the church, meaning it was nearly time to get a move on.

Lucy frowned, "Sex?"

I grinned, "Despite that one time with Dee Dee Barons, remember her in high school? With the long legs and stripper length skirts?" Lucy nodded quickly and I was glad I was making her thoughts a little less heavy currently. "Despite her, we know I'm strictly into men."

"You mean one man," Lucy went on with a coy smile. "A Stark, the only boy that's ever held your attention long enough to get under that hard exterior."

My best friend was not wrong, Tony Stark had been the only person that held a special place in my heart, even with our colour history. A tiny smile was springing to my lips with the very thought of him, but right now, I was pushing those thoughts away because today was not about me, but about Lucy Hammer. "Back to the point. Aaron gives you more love than I ever could. He's the man you're supposed to marry. Now, before this starts getting all weepy and overly emotional, let's get out there and get you hitched."

Lucy Hammer nodded, smacking her lips together to smear her lipstick evenly. "Okay, let's do this."

The walk down the aisle was short but rememberable, and when Lucy Hammer finally made her entrance, the whole church was smiling brightly and cheerfully. I stood beside her other friends, the very ones that had partied away in Las Vegas with me months ago. As the ceremony went on, Lucy sent me a little smile and I tried my best not to cry. For so long, it had just been the two of us and despite my overwhelming joy that she was marrying Aaron, a little bit of me found myself sad because now, we were finally growing apart.

As the vows were exchanged, my head rounded ever so slightly, my gaze falling upon the little boy standing lonely with the rings. Samuel Hardings looked mostly bored, his eyes glazed over and I knew he hadn't been thrilled being the ring bearer, but he did look handsome in his cute little suit and jacket. With a slight smile, my eyes searched the crowd all witnessing the heart warming exchange of love, and spotted the man that chilled my bones and made my head spin in circles with one stupid, arrogant smirk. Tony Stark.

"Will you, Lucy Hammer, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The words drifted around my head and somehow, Tony was cocking his eyebrow upwards, loving every second our gaze rested on each other. There was a suggestion in his eyes which made my heart swell.

The words kept on being exchanged, but my attention didn't leave Tony. He looked very handsome in his expensive suit and somehow, I found it impossible to look away from him. As Lucy's sweet voice flowed through the church, promising to love Aaron James forever, Tony dipped his chin slightly, his lips moving silently. I love you.

"You may now kiss the bride!" A cheer went through the crowd, my smile growing as Lucy let out a tiny squeal as Arron dipped her backwards, their lips coming together as the crowded clapped and cheered, myself included.

A few second later, after Lucy sent me a wicked wink, my gaze found Tony in the crowd one last time. This time he was smiling softly, a hidden secret between the two of us. I felt my lips mouth the words silently, just us knowing the meaning. I love you, too.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

We're back!

I wanted a really sweet chapter to open with and well, a wedding is perfect. It was something short to reintroduce everybody, hopefully you haven't forgotten our leading characters. Also, my girls needed some loving, Tilly and Lucy are my dolls, their friendship is so important. I'm really excited to be starting part 3 because Iron Man 2 in like my favourite and I'm really excited to see Tilly grow a little more with Tony, and without him in some other elements. This part will most likely be shorter than the pervious parts, but I hope ya'll see enjoy it! This is dedicated to latte-to-go because she's been so sweet in supporting the book, thank you lovely! Anyway, pretty please leave your thoughts and know, it's gonna' be a fun ride.

- tinkertaydust