This Is It Rehearsal

-Michael POV-
Today is the 1st official day of the This Is It rehearsals. I'm not ready to be in front of cameras.. at all, let alone being on stage again. I have so much stress and weight on my shoulders I don't think I can sing or dance at the same time like I used to. I don't like to make myself sound super old, I'm only 50. But thank god this is the last concert, I have to practice hard for the fans so I can make them proud.. even if I work myself to the bone.

"Alright Michael, let's take it from the top of Jam" Kenny Ortega says into his microphone from his table offstage.

I nod and fix my earpiece, man I hate these things. I get into position for the start the song, I'm a bit rusty for my 8 year hiatus I must say.

*play the video ⬆️*

When the song ends the background dancers and I do the final pose for the song and Tom tells us to hold and wait for applause, then the lights fade to black.
Jam didn't really have much of choreography but it took a lot out of me..I mean, we've been practicing for 3 hours now.

Time for me to take a break.

I go backstage and get a cold water out of a refrigerator the staff bought and sit down wiping my sweat.

"Maybe I should call Y/N to see what she's doing"

I pick up my phone and call Y/N

-Y/N POV-
I hear my cell phone ring and look at the caller ID, it's Michael. He's probably on break.
I pick up the phone and answer it

"Hello??"

"Hey baby, I'm on break."
He sounded exhausted as he was trying to catch his breath

"I wish you here with me, I need to lay down for a couple minutes, this couch they have isn't comfortable.. you're more comfortable to lay on than this thing~"

I chuckle
"gee thanks, I'm glad I'm a nice pillow for you."

"I-I didn't mean it like that!"
He panicked a little, he probably thought he upset me by his little flirty comment

"I was kidding silly.. How's the rehearsals going??"

I heard him sigh in relief
"They're going good, I'm being worked to the bone here but I'm doing it for the fans. I don't want them to be disappointed in me for not trying hard enough."

His tone of voice started to sound really sad.

"And I don't think others would be quite happy with me.." he said under his breath

" "others?" What did he mean by that?? He's probably speaking tired talk or just talking about Tom Kenny and the This Is It crew. "

"What?"
I mess with him just to maybe see if I could possibly get him to clarify.

"Nothing! Listen Y/N I have to go now, I will see you when I get home ok? Let's take a nice shower and nap together when I get home"

I blush at him saying he wants to take a shower with me and cover my face with my free hand

"O-Okay Michael, we'll do that. See you when you get home."

"I love you baby, bye."

He hangs up.

Rude, I didn't even get to say it back..