Prologue

~ If you haven't already, Not Set in Stone, please read since this is a sequel and that story is the first. ~

~ Link: https://www.wattpad.com/156642527-not-set-in-stone-chapter-1 
~Also below in comments

Welcome back ladies and gentleman! Did you miss me? Good old Ria Rider is back and let me just tell you things are absolutely chaotic around here. The cotillion is in three days and it is taking a toll on everyone especially Mal and Ben. They're beyond stressed and their stress is affecting me, which I do not appreciate in any way.

Ben is now King and he has so many duties to take care of and honestly I'm his right hand man without getting involved in private and official business. I've been there to help him with decisions and keep him straight and focused. Even without the cotillion he's been under a ton of stress so this is just the icing on the cake of his problems.

Mal is a completely different story. Even though she hasn't said it to me directly, I can tell this princess, practically queen, life is not for her. She looks like a deer in headlights every time she's faced with some royalty duty. From the Isle to this, it is completely understandable why she's feeling that way. I'd be stressed out like her and I've been around "royalty" my whole life.

As for the rest of us, Evie has been making mad money. People came around to realize that she's amazing at designing literally anything she puts her mind to it. Since it's cotillion time, everyone needs dresses and suits, so she's getting so much business, including mine. Doug is basically her manager for her business and just so you guys know they're going incredibly strong together. Next to Ben and Mal, they are Auradon's power couple. I honestly think it's beautiful that Evie found herself a prince in her own special way. Sorry, I'm a sucker for sappy relationships like that.

Jay, well he's Jay. He's still a huge flirt, that's never going to change. However, we've been able to put everything that happened with the love potion a while ago behind us and become best friends. He's like an older brother to me now and he constantly teases me. I love our relationship and how it is. I'm just glad we were able to make up and start fresh because Jay really is an amazing guy. He'll find his special someone someday, I just know it.

Then there's Carlos. Sweet adorable Carlos, oh how I love him so. The past couple of months with him have been amazing and I can honestly say that I think I found my other half. He's the first guy that I've dated that hasn't ended horribly like all the others, except for Ben. However, Carlos is much different in the fact that I know I'm in love with him and I never felt the way I do for him with Ben. Carlos couldn't be happier for the cotillion, this is obviously his first time and first dance event actually. He told me the other day that he was nervous but he wouldn't change a thing since he'll be experience the cotillion with me. He's such a sweetheart.

Last but certainly not least, is me. Your girl, Ria Rider has been up to a whole lot of nothing. There's school obviously, helping out Ben with kingly duties, making art when I get the chance, hanging out with Carlos and friends, and reading up on magic trying to teach myself instead of relying on Mal. Okay, I might have lied, my life is beyond busy. I'm surprisingly not stressed though. For the first time in forever, everything in my life so go great. I have the Carlos, Jay, Evie, Mal and Ben to thank for that. This feeling though, it feels wonderful and I'm hoping it lasts. Once this cotillion is over all the stress will be over thankfully. I'm tired of feeling great while everyone else around me is freaking out over something like this. Let's pray Mal or Ben doesn't have a mental breakdown, that's the last thing we need right now.

~ Note: Chapters will be longer than the Prologue. Don't worry. I know this is short. Thank you in advance. ~