Chapter 3

Wow, let's just say that leather is a good look on me. Bless Evie for making this way in advance for me cause I look amazing. After checking myself out in the mirror for a minute or two taking in the vibes of the Isle clothing, I can totally see why none of them have changed their style. Once I was done admiring this amazing ensemble, I headed out of my dorm and started making my way outside. When I was outside I found Carlos and Jay sitting on a bench both looking impatient and worried.

"Hey did Ben and Evie come out?" I questioned walking over to the two of them as they both looked up and were immediately taken aback by me. "I know, the leather makes everyone look amazing. Don't you think?" I teased grabbing onto the bottom sides of my jacket and posed for them.

"Yeah..." Jay coughed. "It's a real nice look for you," he responded sounding a little flustered.

"Wait, you're coming with us? No way. I don't want you getting hurt," Carlos stated standing up next to me ignoring my new outfit.

"Yes, Carlos," I sighed taking his hands in mine. "I'm coming. Someone needs to be there to protect Ben. I'm a nobody to anyone on that Isle. I could easily pass for some villains kid or even a henchman's kid. No one is going to be concerned about me. You three on the other hand, I think you should be more worried for yourselves," I told them as Carlos nodded. He knew I was right.

"I don't know. Your features are way too Rapunzel-esque and the Flynn getup. I don't know who you're going to fool," Jay spoke up as I shot him a look.

"Look, I'm going and that's final. I care about Mal and more importantly I care about Ben. I'm not going to let him get hurt. I don't need that stress of the unknown. I'll keep a low profile, we all will. Don't worry about me. Now where's Ben and Evie?" I asked again as I heard the main doors open and Ben and Evie came rushing out.

"Okay, we're ready to go. We'll take the limo. Come on," Ben said as we all stood up and started rushing down the stairs together. "Jay, keys, remote," he shouted tossing them to Jay as he rushed over to the limo.

"Wait, something's wrong," Evie stopped us and went over to pull Ben's beanie down lower. "There."

"You still look like a huge dork, though. Isle of the Lost does not look good on you," I told him as Ben gave me a slight push with a small smile.

"Shotgun!" We heard a voice shout and when we turned around it was Dude standing behind us.

"No, Dude stay. The Isle is way too dangerous," Carlos sternly told him as Evie gasped.

"Did he just..." Jay started to say.

"Talk? Yeah, I know. I'll tell you later," Carlos responded but everyone was too concerned about Mal to care enough about Dude.

"Let's go," Ben simply stated as we all piled into the limo with Jay driving and Carlos in the front with him.

"Okay, once we reach the bridge, park under the pier in the old garage. Got it?" Evie asked.

"Got it." Jay answered and we were on our way.

"It's going to be okay," I told Ben as I held his hand and he nodded. We just sat there in silence for the less than ten minutes of a ride to the Isle. We were all on the same wave length and there was nothing for us to say, we needed to focus on getting Mal and Mal only.

Once we did finally reach the Isle we all got out of the limo and I took in the site of this place where all my friends spent their whole lives at. Everyone helped covered the limo with a tarp and after just taking in the erieness of the Isle, it felt so weird. No wonder the kids acted like villains when they were treated like ones imprisoned on this Isle. Ben came over to me as the two of us began to check out this huge pipe that looked like it could connect to a sewer but we weren't too sure.