Chapter 8

All that confusion aside, we have more important matters at hand. There they were, Mal and Uma both holding onto what each other of them desired most. Ben reached out to Mal holding her hand while Uma grabbed onto Mal's hand with the wand. The two of them swapped off as Mal first handed over the wand and then helped Ben up to his feet.

"We did it," I mumbled completely astonished as Mal was trying to rush Ben out of here. "We actually did it," I told Harry as he looked down to me with the brightest grin on his face.

"Our dreams are going to come true," Harry smiled kissing me once more as the crew cheered. Everyone rushed back on the ship as Uma raised the wand high in the sky.

"Don't worry Ria, we'll be back for you!" Mal shouted out which confused me. Maleficent's daughter was trying to save me? Part of me wishes this was a dream because I'm so bewildered about the Princess Ria thing but part of me doesn't because we do have the wand after all. It won't matter what they think about me in a few minutes anyways.

"By the power of the sea, tear it down and set us free," Uma stated pointing the wand high in the sky and nothing happened. Nothing happened, that's not good. Are you serious? "No!" She screeched as anger flooded her and rage filled Harry as he was nearly growling in anger. If I wasn't so angry myself, he would have looked incredibly intimidating which is beyond attractive on him. "You do not get to win every time!" Uma yelled as I looked over to Gil who looked a little confused but everyone else around was mad so he followed in footstep with the emotions. "Get 'em!" She commanded us as Carlos launched a colored smoke bomb and it made it impossible to see.

"That's it, he's dead," I stated grabbing a sword from the ship as everyone did the same taking on one of them. I made my way to De Vil and maybe after knocking him down, he'll finally see that I'm not some prissy princess in love with a wimp like him. As I went after him, Harry took on Jay, Uma with Mal, and Gil with Ben. Gil obviously had some things to prove to his father by fighting Ben. I mean he's a Gaston, of course he'd take on the king. Who else is more brag worthy to boast about beating than the King of Auradon? No one that's who.

"Ria, Ria, wait," Carlos begged as I charged at him gritting my teeth and sword in hand, ready to strike.

"No, we're ending this now. You messed with the wrong crew and more importantly the wrong girl," I stated as I raised my sword and swung down as he blocked it.

"I...I don't want to fight you. Maria, please. I love you," he told me looking me dead in the eyes completely heart broken.

"Some villain you are. Looks like I'll just have to show you a whole new world if you won't fight," I remarked as he dropped his sword and left himself completely defenseless for my attacks. I've never killed anyone. Threatened yes, a thousand times just like a second ago but actually doing it, this would be a first.

"Do your worst. The Ria that I know is still in there would never do that," Carlos stated calmly as I looked into his puppy dog eyes as he feared for his life with my sword still raised.

"Fight you coward!" I shouted so conflicted on what to do. My head was spinning. Could Carlos be right? Why would he be making up this intricate of a lie? He's not the type to speak out like this. What's going on? Why can't I just kill the little worm? I'm a villain! It should be easy.

"End him Ria," Harry shouted as he saw me struggling as I raised my sword again, my arms shaking so unsure of what to do.

"Fine, if it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get," Carlos responded as he raised his sword and I didn't know what he was planning. How could someone switch that quickly from a coward to gaining courage? It didn't matter in a moments notice we were fighting. All my years of training really paid off and I was easily overpowering him. Just as I was about to land a pretty decent blow on him, he swept underneath my feet with his foot. My feet fell out from underneath me as I landed on my back.