Chapter 2

"Okay Carlos, please explain to me why we now having a talking pup," I said sitting down on his bed petting Dude because even though he could talk he was still a dog that needed all the love a normal dog would get. It's not his fault Carlos did something stupid.

"So, I had Mal make this truth gummie for me to take. Instead of me eating it though, Dude got a hold of it and it gave Dude the ability to speak. I don't know why it did that or if it can be fixed, all I know now is that I have a talking dog," he answered me dancing around a huge part of the story.

"A truth gummie? Why would you need that? Is there something you're not telling me?" I questioned afraid of what Carlos was going to say. Please don't tell me what I think it is. I just want one relationship to last and I honestly thought Carlos was the one. I'm so stupid to assume that. "Look, if you're not interested in me anymore. I completely understand, I just wish you had the courage to tell me without magic."

"Ria! What are you talking about? I'm head over heels in love with you. I thought I needed the truth gummie to tell you how I truly feel about you. This is the first time I've ever been in a relationship let alone one so perfect and with someone as beautiful as you. I... I'm not the best when it comes to love in any form. The last thing I want to do is lose you and I thought that would tell you all I'm already saying to you now. You do so much for me and I just wanted you to know that you mean the world to me. I'm so stupid for using magic. I don't know what I was thinking," Carlos told me looking down at his feet.

"Hey, it's okay," I said lifting his head up and kissing his cheek. "You would have only been telling me the truth, that's actually really sweet. Most guys I know would try to hide the truth from their girls, but not you. You're special Carlos and I know that you care about me. It's not easy for you to tell me that, I understand. You show it in so many other ways and that means more than a thousand times saying I love you. Words are just words after all. Carlos, there's no one else that I rather be with than you," I explained to him kissing him.

"You know I've seen everything the two of you have done together and I wish I hadn't. You two really need to get a room," Dude shuttered talking about all our make out sessions we've had making Dude stay on the ground.

"We need to fix him soon," I stated staring down Dude as Carlos shrugged.

"I don't know, don't you think it's kind of cool? I mean don't you wish Delta could talk?" He questioned as I shook my head.

"No, I don't. She'd be beyond annoying. I would definitely not want to hear her constantly nagging. I'll stick to the nose nibbles instead," I answered him as he laughed.

"Fine, I'll see what we can do about Dude. I'll ask Mal about it later. I'm going to talk to Jay though about Lonnie. I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Sounds good to me. I'm gonna go see how Ben's date with Mal went because we both know that Mal is on the edge of breaking down because of this cotillion. Oh, I had a question actually. What's with the green eyes thing? I saw her in the hallway and her eyes were purely glowing green. It was kind of freaking actually."

"Truthfully, we don't quite know for sure why it happens. The three of us just know it happens when she gets mad or frustrated like frustrated to the point that she feels like she's going to lash out on someone. I guess it has to do with her evil roots but I'm hoping after the cotillion is over the green eye thing will be a thing of the past. You shouldn't be concerned though for you or Ben. Nothing has happened because of them glowing, at least not that I know of. You should get going though, you don't want to keep the King waiting," he told me as he gave me a hug before I got up to make my way to Ben's room.

Once I reached his room, I knocked on the door and waited for a response. I knew Ben didn't care but if he was dealing with important business or people, I wouldn't want to intrude. "It's yours truly," I shouted through the door knowing he would have said something by now if I shouldn't come in.