Chapter 11 - The End

"Carlos is going to love you in this!" Evie cheered as pure joy lit up her face once I finished getting ready for the cotillion. I relied so much on Evie for fashion tips since she got here and I thank god everyday for her existence. She's pure of heart, ambitious, and beyond helpful to make girls look their best. "But more importantly how do you feel in it?" She questioned as I looked in the mirror checking out all the angles. The dress was of course styled after my mother's iconic dress which is adorable.

"I feel amazing Evie, thank you so much," I told her giving her a hug as she jutted out her hips so she wouldn't end up pressing up against my dress and risk messing it up in anyway. "How much do I owe you?" I asked as she laughed.

"Ria, are you serious? I let you come to the Isle, this is the least I can do to make up for that mess plus you're my friend. Consider it a gift. Now get going, you don't want to keep Carlos waiting," she stated giving me a slight push outside the door.

With that, I made my way to Carlos's dorm as I felt like an actual pretty princess walking down the halls. It was stupid but it felt so good to be home and in my element as superficial as it may actually be. As I approached their room Jay was exiting as he had a wide grin on his face. He was looking sharp in his leather suit and a man bun always looked amazing on him.

"I'm guessing Lonnie said yes?" I asked nudging Jay before he could walk away.

"Of course she said yes, I am me after all. You look beautiful by the way," he responded being genuine in his compliment and not flirtatious in any way. It's weird hearing Jay say stuff like that but I appreciate it because he's a gentleman to me especially.

"Thank you and you look for handsome. Lonnie is a lucky girl," I told him giving a pat on the shoulder before entering their room.

Carlos was in the mirror fixing up his hair and he didn't notice that I entered yet. I looked to Dude who did see me and motioned to him to keep quiet with a shushing motion. I crept over to his bed taking a seat as I just watched him look at himself in the mirror taking a deep breath.

"I got this. I've just have to show Ria that Harry is nothing compared to me. Oh who am I kidding?" He sighed to himself and it broke my heart to hear.

"Excuse me Prince Charming, you're a thousand times better than some silly pirate," I spoke up as Carlos jumped turning towards me.

"When did you get here?" He questioned as he walked over to me. "Also Prince Charming might not be the best analogy considering that Chad was rolling on the floor earlier today in here," Carlos remarked.

"True and I just got here. You look amazing by way, my very own prince," I stated standing up and wrapping my arms around him.

"You look stunning as always Ria, you have always been my princess," he responded hugging me and holding me close. He always thought of me as royalty from the moment he laid his eyes on me. He greeted me as princess even though I'm not. Now he views me as his own princess. I couldn't ask for anything more.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked and he nodded, taking his hand in mine as we were on our way to cotillion. It's gonna be a night to remember. Hopefully it will be a good memory but at least I know this memory is my own and Carlos will share it with me. Harry can't ever say that.

~~~

Once at cotillon, Carlos and I danced together along with all our friends. Everyone looked amazing in their dresses and suits. Evie did a perfect job on each and every one that she made. She's bound to be rich by the end of her senior year if she keeps this up for the rest of the dances we have annually. Evie and Doug, Lonnie and Jay, Carlos and I, love was everywhere and it was beautiful. The only people we were missing were Mal and Ben who had to basically put on a show for everyone else at the cotillion by making a special appearance.