Chapter 4 - First-Year's Competition (Preparations)

Tsumi's POV:

"Are we done with practice?" I ask.

"Yeah, you go ahead first." Sukochi told me.

"Ok."

Yatsuko's POV:

Once Tsumi left, I keep practicing my spells. "Meteor Flame Strike!" Meteors covered by fire barriers speed through the air forcing gravity to disappear. It bursts through the targeted area and makes a crumpled hole in the wall.

"Nice job!" Someone says. I turn back to see my roomate, "You're so lucky to be practicing with her!" He tells me.

"Why?"

"Oh right. I forgot you were in group 2." Exaggerating the word '2'.

"What?!"

"You didn't see, her ability?"

"I did. Her water ability right? I don't get why they picked her. Her element was out of control."

Flashback~~

"Impossible!" The headmaster tells me.

"What's impossible?"

"The professor showed me the record of your test."

"And?"

"You used more than 3 elements! It's not even possible to learn side elements! It takes about 20 years to produce other elements if he or she are rarities!"

~**~**~**~

Dang. Why did I forget that conversation between headmaster and Tsumi.

"Bye. See you later." He tells me with a smirk. While he walked of, he waved and disappeared into a different corridor.

Tsumi's POV:

"Hello! Welcome back Tsumi." Shiro welcomes me. I just simply wave back at her, smiling. Then, she changes to her serious side, "How was it?"

"How was what?"

"Practice."

"It went smoothly. Why?"

"I was scared Kazei-san did something to you."

"To me?"

"Yeah."

"No. We just practiced."

She nodded sternly and went back smiling. Weird, someone looking overprotective of me.

~**~**~**~

"Did you call headmaster?" I ask him.

"Yes,"

"What is it, you called for me?"

"You and Kazei-san have to create a powerful weapon and a duo spell for only Kazei-san and you."

"Why?"

"To win the competition, of course."