35: Aly VS. Zeke

ALYSON BURGO

General mathematics is one of the merge subject that they have. It is politics, philosophy, ethics and personal development.

It is there merge subjects and now it is our gen math. Just like what i said yesterday i will be a student again.

"Our topic for today is all about the concept of rational function. Now who has an idea about rational function," the gen math prof.

No one raise there hands even Zeke's group they didn't raise there hands thats why i raise it. Nagmumukhang kawawa ang prof namin.

Why? Obviously no one read advance here.

"Yes mrs. Lastimosa," our prof said

"A rational function is a function of the form y=f(x)=p(x)/q(x), where p(x) and q(x) are polynomial function and q(x) is not equal to 0," i said

"Well your right Mrs Lastimosa how about the domain?" Our prof ask

"The domain of the rational function f is the set of real numbers except those values of x that will make the denominator 0," i said

"Well your right Mrs Lastimosa so as she said........." then she continue to discuss about this lesson even the diffences between equation, function and inequality.

Now our prof wrote a problem to the white board and it is:

In a pilot project for a recyclable product in Quezon city, recycling trash cans for separating and storage we're provided to the mayor of town. The total cost C (in a million pesos) of supplying bins to the p% of the population is given by

C=150p/1-p

A. Find the cost of supplying trash cans to 20%, 50%, and 80% of the population

B. According to the given model, would it be possible to supply trash cand to 100% of the residents? Explain

"So this is the problem who wants to try to solve this," our prof said.

Parehas kaming nagtaas ng kamay ni Zeke kaya parehas kaming tinawag.

Ilang segundo lang tapos ko na ang problem at siya naman ay tuloy pa rin.

After a minutes ay natapos na rin siya.

"So Mr. Rodriguez kindly explain your work," Our prof said.

"Well as you can see the formula that i use is this C=150p/1-p where i substitute the 20, 50 and 80% to the p that's why this is the result of my solving," he said with a high confident.

"Well your right for using C=150p/1-p as your equation but the way you substitute the percent is wrong," i said with a smirk.

"And how can you say that?" Naiinis niyang tanong.

"Well before you substitute the given percentage to the equation you need to convert it first in decimal form just like what i did i convert 20% into decimal which is 0.25 then 150 times 0.25 is equals to 37.5 then 1 minus 0.25 is equals to 0.75. Then 37.5 devided by 0.75 is equals to 50 it says to the problem that it is in million pesos so just add 0's. Then same procedure to the other to so it will be equal to 150 million pesos for 50% and 600 million pesos for 80%," i said na ikonanganga ng marami.

"Well Mr. Rodriguez Mrs. Lastimosa's solving is the procedure of solving this problem how about the letter B?" Our prof ask