Halloween

Sirius Black slept on the Potter's couch, chocolate smeared across his face, courtesy of a small, one year old boy- his godson. After having spent the night with his childhood friend, he was exausted. Nothing could possibly disturb his slumber.

In Surrey, another scene was taking place, a murder.  Vernom and Petunia Dursley, very wealthy citezens, had been shot in an attempt to take possession of Grunnings, a very well known drill company. The murderers had been caught and arrested, but the child of the Dursleys remained alive, in his cot upstairs. The last thing he remembered was a pair of soft arms picking him up and rocking him to sleep.

The Potters rose early the next morning, they always did, and began to prepare for their day. Since the fall of Lord Voldemort 6 months ago at the hand of Alastor Moody, they had raised the fidelis charm, and returned to their previous house- not the Potter Manor, that was too grand for their liking- but a family, 4 bedroom house, in the countryside, not 5 minutes walk from a large park, where Harry liked to play. It also had an undetectable back garden, complete with quiddich pitch.

Lily had just put Harry in his high chair when there was a knock at the door. Lily went to open it, and was greeted by another red haired lady, carrying a chubby, blond, baby boy.

"Lily Evans-Potter?" The lady enquired, and on reciving a nod, continued, "I am Kate, a social worker and carer. May I come in?" Lily nodded, and took her through to the living room, asking Sirius to feed Harry.

"Was that your Husband?" Kate asked, quietly.

"No," Lily responded, "He's my son's Godfather, and James' best friend, he stayed over last night, as I needed help with Harry. James is.....dead, he died at work, a year ago, so Sirius stepped in to help, realising I needed support tonight."

"Okay, I just needed to know. Do you have any idea why I am here?"

"No, I'm afraid not." Lily answered, worried that a social worker was here, was she going to take Harry from her?

"Lily, I hate to tell you this, but your sister, Petunia, died in the ICU at three this morning. Her and her Huband were shot by two men who wanted to steal Grunnings."

Lily interupted through her tears, "Dudley, is he okay? Please tell me he survived."

"That is why I am here, Petunias last words were, 'make sure Lily gets Dudley, please. There is a letter in his bedside cabinet. Please' Would you like to hold him?"

"Yes, please. Come here, Dudley, come to Auntie Lily." As Lily held out her arms, Dudley climbed into her lap, stroking her soft jumper rythmically. Kate put a letter on the table.

"He refused to eat this morning, we put him with a foster carer over night. If you can't take him, he can go back."

"No, we couldn't possibly let him be placed in care. Should we introduce him to Harry?"

"Your son? Yes, that's a fine idea. How old is he?"

"One, born 31st July."

"Dudley was born on the 23rd June. Dudley sits, walks, even, but can't say more than a few words."

"Harry talks lots, but can't walk yet, but can sit." She stood up and went into the kitchen, returning with Sirius, who was holding a poridge- covered Harry.

Both boys were placed on the carpet.

"Mummy, who that?" Harry asked, curiously.

"Harry, that is your cousin, Dudley. Dudley, sweetheart, this is Harry."

"'lo 'Rry." Dudley muttered.

"Hewwo Duddy." Harry replied.

Dudley stood up and walked over to Lily, tugging her skirt. "Hun'y"

"My mummy." Came a protest from the floor.

Lily picked up Dudley, "Let's get you some breakfast," she murmured. Sirius picked up Harry.

"Come on, pup. Smiley face please."

"MY Mummy." Harry repeated.

"Pup, you need to share with Dudley now. You and Dudley will be great friends soon, just you wait."

"'kay."