Home- and trouble

Harry and Dudley hid their new possessions the whole week- with the exceptions of the sweets and cloaks, which they said were more expensive than they were. Both children still had 5 galleons left, which was more than enough for the paraphernalia that they wanted- including another quiddich book and a toy snitch.

Once they got back to the manor, they hid everything in a cupboard in their playroom, except the books, which went in the drawers. Once recovering from the jet lag, they locked themselves in the playroom. They both pulled out their wands and opened the charms text book. Within half an hour, toys were flying around the room left right and centre. THat was when the door opened. 

Two very angry adults stared at they two boys.

"Where did you get those wands?" Lily asked, incandescent with anger.

"America." Both boys muttered.

"Leave the wands, both of you, go to your rooms. NOW." Lily ordered.

Both boys started crying as they ran to their rooms. Lily went over to the floo and called Molly Wealey, who confirmed that none of her kids were aware, but Bill felt bad for letting them go off together for half an hour.

After an hour, when she had calmed down, Lily called both boys to the Dining room to discuss what they had done and why on earth they thought it to be a good idea.

Both boys sat opposite Lily and Sirius. Before Lily could ask anything, both boys started crying again.

"Sorry mummy, sorry Sirius. We wanted to do magic like you do, so we went to buy a wand. we new the law as different in America so we tried to get one ourselves." Harry said.

"We didn't mean to be naughty, it just happened, we wanted to learn more magic before Hogwarts. We are really sorry, mummy, we won't do it again." Dudley added.

Gobbo gave all four of them their dinner.

As they ate, Lily explained the next course of action. She had talked to an old friend, who taught potions at Hogwarts, who had agreed to give them some basic instruction in the subject, as they seemed fond of it, she had also talked to some of the other professors, who were more than willing to come over occasionally to help them both with their magic.