America

The boys were eight, and were both in need of a holiday. Lily talked to Sirius, and decided to take an international floo to America for a week. Sirius agreed to travel with them- not that it took much convincing!

The boys both packed a Teddy, and they packed identical outfits. While Dudley was blonde and Harry had much darker hair, they looked very similar otherwise, both of them were slim and slightly tanned from playing in the sun all day. They were both given a whole 20 galleons spending money from lily (Sirius added an extra 10 when Lily wasn't looking) so with 30 Galleons, the boys were in a very good mood. 

When they arrived in America, they took a muggle taxi to a large hotel in the middle of New York. However, instead of going inside, they went around to the back of the building and into a door, hidden by a muggle repelling charm. They entered the hotel and talked to the receptionist, who guided them into a spacious suite of rooms and let them settle in. Lily suggested that they took a nap then went to see the sights of New York.

On their first day, they discovered a flying arena, where children could hire brooms and race around freely. Soon, the boys were invited to join in a game of quiddich by a group of children. There was a debate between the children as to who got to play seeker- all the children wanted to. Eventually, a member of staff came over with an enchanted quill. Afer a spell had been cast over them, the quill would write down who was naturally best at which part. Dudley was surprised to be told that he would make an excellent beater, and harry was pleased to be told he was born to be a seeker. As soon as the other kids were sorted, the game began. The employee charmed their clothes to reflect their team colours while in play, and to go back to normal once the game had finished. The winning team would recieve a lolly as a prize.

The match lasted half an hour, then Harry saw a gleam of gold, he dove and caught the snitch. His team cheered as he headed towards the ground. The opposite teams seeker headed over. Harry was prepared for na argument, but the boy offered a hand to shake.

"You did a good job, and you must be a few years youger than me. I'm Charlie Weasley. Those are my brothers over there, and my sister, Ginny."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. Are you from around here? I'm Harry, and this is Dudley, my brother."

"Hi, Harry, Hi Dudley. And, no, we aren't. We come from England."

"Us too, we are on a holiday, are you?"

"Yeah, my parents have been saving up since the fall of you-know-who to celebrate."

By now, both sets of parents had noticed the conversation. Lily felt a tap on her sholder.

"Lily Potter.  Eight years and you haven't floo'ed once!"

"Molly! It's great to see you! We've had a lot going on... I see your Charlie has met my Harry."

"Yes. Harry is a marvelous seeker, and the other boy with them, the blond one, he was a brilliant beater."

"That's Dudley, my other son."

"I didn't know you had two, and he looks older." Molly questioned.

"Well, officially, he is my nephew, but after his parents died, I adopted him."

"Should we go to tea together, I expet the kids are starving by now!"

And wiht that, the two families headed off together.