What's a Hogwarts?

The next morning, both boys were given cornflakes and apple juice for breakfast. As they began to eat, Sirius and Lily sat down opposite them.

"Harry, Dudley. What happened yesterday?" Lily asked, gently.

"Wanted to make magic like mummy does." Harry answered.

"And what has mummy told you about touvhing her wand?" Lily asked, softly, but still gently enough to not scare the child.

"I didn't, I tooked Sirius' wand." Harry said, indignantly.

"Do you want to sit in the naughty corner, Harry?" Sirius asked, sternly.

"Sorry. You said not to touch wands, 'cause they're dangerous." Harry answered.

"I done it too, the curtains were me, mummy." Dudley confessed. Lily looked surprised, and handed him a wand. 

"Show me." She requested. Dudley sent a bolt of light at the window, which smashed. Lily gave the wand to harry, who broke the back door.

"Hey, kids. Don't be scared. This is great! Your first bout of accidental magic! However, we now cannot live in a muggle town, not if we want to keep it quiet. We are going to move to Potter Manor." Lily said, quietly. "Go and pack your stuff. We will leave in half an hour via portkey."

Lily didn't want to leave, but figured it was a necessary precaution. She didn't want her kids getting bullied by muggle children, which often happened if the wizards were spotted.

*****

A few days later, they were settled nicely into the manor, which surpassed all expections. Social services had been told of the move, as they still liked to check up on Dudley. Harry thirsted for more knoledge of the wizarding world- soon he would start to ask omre difficult questions. Lily decided to talk to both boys together that night, to explain a few things.

She called them into their 'cosy room', a room full of cushions, beanbags, cuddly toys and sofas. She lit a fire in the fire place and sat on a single chair, with both boys opposite her on the sofa. Sirius was out with Moony, and would be home for a while.

"Boys," she began, "Do you have any questions for me about magic, or anything else?"

"When can we learn?" Harry asked, quickly.

"When you are eleven ,you may begin Hogwarts."

"What's a Hogwarts?" Dudley asked, giggling.

"Hogwarts is the best wizarding school in the world. Its current headmaster is Albus Dumbledore, who is a very wize man. They have four houses, Griffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Each house has different values, and each house looks for different things in wizards and witches." Lily explained.

"What do they look for?"

"Griffindor values bravery, Slytherin- cunning, Ravenclaw- wisdom, Hufflepuff- loyalty."

"Where did daddy go?" Harry asked, quietly.

"That is a very long story, so I want you to listen to all of it before you ask any more questions," Lily began, "Well, once, a few years ago, there was a very evil wizard, who wanted to live forever. He wanted wizards to be superior, and for wizards to rule. Unfortunately, he also wanted pure wizard blood- so no half bloods or muggle-borns. He killed muggles for pleasure, and killed off children and adults without second thought. Most wizards wanted to stop him, but a few of them wanted to join him, they were called death eaters. They were very evil, and they also killed many people. Your father was an auror, which is a person who fights them. Unfortunately, he died while fighting. He was killed by Voldemort himself, while trying to take him down. Six months later, the aurors killed Voldemort." All three of them were crying, Lily summoned the Potter house elf, Gobbo, to fetch them all some hot chocolate.

They sat in silence, until the boys asked to go to sleep. Once again, Lily found them sharing a bed, with Dudley hugging Harry, comforting him in his sleep. She smiled, loving both her sons to pieces.