Mischief in America.

The next day, the two families headed off to the American equivelent of Diagon Alley, where the parents decided to have tea in a little shop, while the kids wandered around together. Bill was 18, and Charlie 16, much old enough to look afer the boys- or so they thought.

The boys entered the quiddich shop, for  a long time they looked around, eying the merchandice, but after ten minutes, a man came- a broom designer- to talk about brooms. Harry and Dudley got bored, but the Weasleys were fascinated, and wanted to stay. THey agreed to meet back outside the shop in half an hour, when the speech ended. Harry and Dudley looked at the various shops, but felt pulled towards a wand shop. In America, the law was anyone could buy a wand once they had shown signs of magic, as long as they didn't use it in front of muggles.

Harry and Dudley entered, looking around in awe; shelves of wand boxes were everywhere. The wandmaker appeared from behind the shelves.

"Ah, first time wand buyers? Lets see what we can do..." He began measuring them both, careful not to hurt either boy.

"Hmm. Lets try maple and serpant shall we?" He handed the wand to Harry, who destroyed the blinds; hastily, he handed the wand to Dudley, who set the remains on fire.

The next wand wasn't much better, Dudley knocked all the wands off the shelves, and HArry knocked the shelves after them. Next, one broke the desk in half, the other shredded it further.

After ten minutes of destruction, the wandmaker looked at them carefully.

"Well, I have a few wands from Mr. Ollivander across in the UK, lets try a few of them." He pulled out a Holly wand with a phoenix tail feather. Harry picked it up, and when he waved it, all of the damage dudley had done was repaired. The wandmaker picked up a second wand and handed it to Dudley, who waved it and all of Harrys damage was undone. 

"Well, sirs, you two certainly have a close bond with eachother, there is no doubt about that. Your wands feathers came from the same bird, the holly from the same tree. This shows power, strengthand unquestionable loyalty to eachother. While you may be brothers, something even stronger holds you together. You would both sacrifice yourself for the other. I must get on, now. Good day, sirs."

Tne boys still had 20 minutes until they needed to meet back at the quiddich shop. They were both eleven galleons down, and had 19 left to spend.

"Gringotts has an international branch, Dudley, let's go there. My dad left me some money, as did my grandparents. Let's get some more out." Harry exclaimed. 

"Great idea... Do you tink Gringotts can access muggle acounts and exchange money?"

"Maybe, lets ask."

And they set off to the international bank. Once inside, Harry and Dudley had to do a blood test to see that they were who they said that they were. They both got given a piece of paper mapping their ancestory. Harry discovered that he was a descendant of all four Hogwarts founders. Soon, he had an extra 20 galleons, and Dudley had the same. Heading out of the shop, they entered the book shop, and both purchased several textbooks, transfiguration, runes, potions, charms and a quiddich book. all together, it was 9 galleons. they then headed to the apocathary, picked up a cauldron each, along with several ingrediants, a stirrer each, and a manual (free with the cauldron) and handed over 5 galleons for the lot. They asked the shop assistant to shrink their purchases, which she did gladly, so everything fitted into a hidden compartment in their rucksacks. Harry and Dudley then went to a robe shop and picked up a lightweight midnight blue robe each, then went to a sweetshop to pick up a few chocolate frogs each.

They met with the Weasleys, then went back to see their parents, chattering nonstop about chocolate frog card collections, brooms, and Hogwarts. Of the wands, nothing was mentioned.