Severus Snape

A week later, Severus Snape appeared at the Potters door, ready to teach the two children. As soon as he arrived, two small children hugged him. He sneered, then nearly smiled, as they both grabbed a hand and pulled him towards the kitchen, which lead to a potions lab.

"Boys, let the poor man go, I am sure Severus does not require assistance to walk, being my age, he is capable of doing it for himself. How are you, Sev?"

"I'm doing very well, Lily. I apreciate you thinking of me to help your two." He had been informed of the adoption, so he didn't mention that, to avoid hurting Dudley.

He inspected the lab and was highly impressed, he also apreciated the quality of the American cauldrons.

"Boys, have you read the first chapter of the textbook, as I requested that your mother told you to?"

"well..." Harry started.

"You didn't read the first chapter?" Snape asked, coolly.

"We did, sir, but we.... umm... read a little further too. Do you mind?"

Snape was impressed that two eight year old children had read more textbooks than required.

"How do I know you are telling the truth?"

"Ask us a question?" Dudley suggested.

"No, once we start brewing, it will be obvious if you did not read it. Shall we begin?"

An hour later, a calming draught had been brewed by the boys under the watchful eye of Severus Snape. Snape had learnt a lot about both boys, and began to like them both, a lot. He didn't intend to- definately not Harry!- but he found them growing on him.

Over the next few months, he came on a weekly basis to instruct themm on potions, and often found that they had created more potions in his absence. He couldn't help feeling that they would be far above their yeargroup when they started at Hogwarts in a few years time.

Professor McGonagall also frequently visited the Manor, and not just for work, she also was very fond of Lily Potter, and often visited for tea, just to chat. Both boys adored her, and she taught them well, but kept them in line- woe betide any whisperers in HER lessons with them. She too realised the amount of talent the boys had between them, and hoped that they would be Griffindors at Hogwarts, although she would support them whichever house they ended up in.

Dudley and Harry waited in anticipation of being old enough to attend Hogwarts, and the time came very soon...