Chapter 1

Note: Please read the full story on my website: erebusmist.wordpress.com

Chapter 1

Having good looks comes with punishments.

I am Oh Sehun, labeled as the face of the school.

For my friends, well, they are proud to be near me, but I get the feeling that they won't stay near me at all times. For the girls in the school, there are two types.

First, the jealous type. They are either jealous of my perfect milky skin and slim figure or they're jealous of the other people near me. Many of the other students start fights because of me. That is my first punishment. Mental guilt. I am their problems. Not only do the girls get jealous, but the guys do too. They like blaming me when they are rejected by their confessions. All of these things lead to punishments for me.

Every since I was a child, I was bullied by others and was often taken into fights. Because of this, I learned multiple different ways around the city to return home. That includes entering dark alleys. I have memorized every nook and cranny of the city, all the small corners, all the bijou restaurants.

Today is one of those days that I need to go through the maze of Seoul.

--earlier--

We were on our normal five minute break when a big bulky guy slid the door sideways slamming it into the adjacent wall, "Oh Sehun! I heard you had some fun with my girl last night."

"Why is the judo club president here?" Whispers spread across the room.

One of the girls sitting on my table jumped off and faced him dusting her skirt and adjusting her collar, "Sehun oppa would never do that. He has never touched a soul. That includes your girl."

"Yeah, it's impossible You must've heard wrong." a blonde haired girl with perfect curls stood up. "Rumors are often created out of jealousy." she fluffed her hair and sat down, patting her plaid skirt.

I stood up and put one hand in my pocket and scratched my head with the other. "I'm sorry to hear that you have no trust in your relationship. Who is this girl anyway? Have I even seen her, I'm sure I've never met you either." I slipped my other hand into my pocket and walked up to the bulky guy. In front of me was a man of 180 cm. Muscle filled his uniform and sweat trickled down his cheeks. Normally people would be afraid of the president of the Judo club. He was a perfectly fit man with powerful arms, but me, I wasn't afraid of anything. I stood 185 cm tall, and was the best at running through the maze of Seoul.

"How dare you talk informally to a senior, and take your hands out of your pockets this instant." He said raising his head to my level. I pulled my hands out of my pockets and spoke, "who is your girl, maybe I'll know who harassed your love."

"She's in this class." He said pointing a stubby finger at one of the students. I followed the short pointer and landed on a thin girl with long, black, straight hair.

"Jang Jihoo?" I questioned, "sorry, but where'd you get your information about me? Not once have I spoken to Jihoo."

He put his hand down and took a deep breath, "I will not let some flower boy embarrass me. See me on the roof after school." he turned and left the room slamming the door shut behind him.

"I wonder where the asshole got his information." 174 said, "don't worry." I smiled at the short 174 cm boy. "Take care of yourself before you handle the bullies." the bell rang and we returned to our seats. I've gotten plenty of threats in the school but never have I gone to the rooftop. My specialty was running. Threats never bothered me in school. I went through class and the last bell rang letting us exit the school.

"Be careful!" the girls said waving and pouting at the gates.

It was time to leave, now. I walked calmly down the streets with my throat dry and filled with the bloody feeling after a marathon run. I turned the corner and hopped on the bus right before the doors closed. I traveled silently with headphones blocking all noise around me. Not long after getting on the bus I saw the bulky guy in a car stopped at a red light next to the bus. I quickly moved away from the window seat. There was a hard gut feeling, like when falling and realizing halfway down.The bus got to the stop and I slipped off and readied myself for a beating. To my surprise, no one was waiting for me. I skipped down a narrow street and cats of all different colors and sizes greeted me and continued their stroll.

The sun was setting and a beautiful sunset. A fiery red orb glowed and sank into the horizon. Sequin stars filled the dark sky above and melted into the deep orange skyline. The streets were filled with deep dark shades; silence rendered a chill up my spine. The street got thinner and thinner as a proceeded forward to the next street; the street had become an alley and I walked slowly and calmly. Shivers shot through my body and cold chills met my skin, startling me. Behind I could feel the presence of life.

I turned around and saw a deep dark silhouette. It was bulky and the same height as my bully. I his hand a thin slick, assumingly, bat swung over his shoulders and his elbow pointed up to the stars.

The shadow got larger and larger; I inched backwards into a construction fence and turned behind me.

Dammit.

I had forgotten about the new construction in the neighborhood.

A deep chuckle came from the silhouette, "ha -- You have no where left to run. There's no place to hide, and no one has come to rescue you, pretty boy. That beautiful pale face of yours will be changed forever, and you'll no longer take my spot for popularity."

"Eh-- that's why you came here. Jihoo deserves a true man. We aren't capable of staying by her side."

"Oh-- the humiliation." He said sarcastically, "never does anyone talk bad about me." he raised the, no visible under the yellow street lamp, bat over his head.

This is it, I'm sorry beautiful face. I thought to myself and shut my eyes tightly. Just as I felt the movement of the bat, I brought up my arms over my head to lessen the blow.

I fell backwards.

I felt the impact. Wait no -- a cat's purr started me and I opened my eyes to find a fluffy brown cat on top of me. The bat came flying towards the two of us. No, not a cat, but -- human? Not a human either.