Chapter 4

There was more than the physical things to be amazed about around me. The next things they said had my head spinning in all directions. It took me until the night to understand the words of the four of them this afternoon.

I'm currently lying in a large queen-sized bed in a spacious room. The only other furniture in the room is a large dresser on the far end of the room. I've been staring intently at all of the beautiful decorations on the ceiling. After ages of staring everything clicked.

I, OH Sehun former known as a high school student in Seoul, has a power much stronger than that of a mage, necromancer, alchemist, and warlock put together. Essem, ruler of the lost planet ,EXO, has assigned Lay, Luhan, Kris, and, the only warlock known to be alive, Tao, to find me and teach me of my abilities. The reason of my existence is solely related to a prophecy by Michel de Nostredame. These people of EXO don't believe in prophecies because of their powers within themselves, but because of Nostradamus's previous prophecies. The Great London Fire frightened many in 1666. The year itself was frightening because of the presence of the devil's number. It is believed, here in EXO, that Nostradamus was a druid, the last of course, and was a great prophet sorcerer.

Continuing off of the quick history lesson from Lay, it was believed that I am either the next druid born in five centuries, after Nostradamus, or the first sorcerer ever in history. In "The Book", sorcerers hold the largest power ever presented. They can use sorcery and any supernatural power with the aid of spirits and Gods.

I understood the meanings of the words and took in all of the information about the lives of magic pertaining people, but what I didn't understand was why they'd choose me, and orphan school kid to take the heavy weight of 'the next big thing'. Samsung ads were seen on almost every billboard in Seoul, I'd never think it'd be seen in a lost planet.

After staring at the beautiful decor in my guested room of the warlock's quarters, I had a sudden thought. Nostradamus's prophecies still had some unfinished events left. That was probably the reason for stealing me away from my comfortable lifestyle in Seoul.

I sat up in my large bed and turned to let my legs hand freely of any sheets or blankets. I had borrowed some of Tao's clothing, considering that it was the only type of clothing that I could wear. I tip-toed to the door and opened the door. I don't remember it having any aqueak to it when I first entered the room but when trying to do anything in secret, everything becomes a million times louder. The tiny squeaks of the door hinge sounded like screws on a construction site. I slipped through the tiny crack made and left it opened to avoid any more construction noises. The house was dead silent. The only two people in the house were Tao and myself. Not only did Tao live with no neighbors, but there weren't any inhabitants inside. I walked down the long, window-lined hallway. To the left of me was glass pane after glass pane. It was a beautiful site. Lights of the city shined below and starlight glowed above. The moon was woven in between the clouds showing only a sliver of silver.

I continued down the long hallway recalling there being a private library somewhere along the walls where 'The Book' was.Several loud earthquake steps later, I saw the opening to the library. The lights inside were off and the starlight shone in through the glass. I was planning on going through multiplied shelves of books when I left my room, but I deem that unnecesary.

The library was plain and white similar to the rest of the house. Grey and black seats surrounded tables. Next to the tables was a podium and on that podium was a book calling for me to read it. The book was opened to a page with old cursive writing covered in a layer of dust. The pages were yellow of age and the corners were torn. Tabs stuck in and out of the pages. Since the book was already opened to a page, I decided to save some effort and read the opened page. After finishing the page I summed it up that this page was definitely not the page that would be useful for me. Information on how to keep one's mind clear from disturbances wouldn;t help me learn of my existence. I read a few more pages of useless information and decided to take it with me to the table. I picked up the book and walked over to the chairs without letting my eyes wander off of the page. I was currently reading a page for sorcerers. I put the book on the table, the chaired moved back and I sat down inside it, still glued to the book.

"Is that book of such interest?" I hear a voice across the table speak. I nodded and continued on about the sorcery of spirits. Sorcerers were said to be able to control spirits and what they could control, such as the elements of earth. I continued on word after word, page after page, when I suddenly remembered that no one was in the house except Tao and me. What was more frightening now was that the voice I just heard had not belonged to Tao. I sat down in a chair that I hadn't pulled out myself. I looked up from my book and saw that round me, every seat had been taken by a man in a suit.

"It has been quite a long time since talking to one other than ourselves," the one on the very end of the table spoke. He had small, but not too small, eyes that angled down, covered in dark black eyeliner. Next to him sat a tall man with large eyes and ears that opened outwards similar to those of a monkey.

"I'm Baek, a spirit. We sensed a sorcerer enter the lost planet of EXO a while back, but couldn't find you until you touched the book." the short one said.

"Who would have thought you'd be in the warlock's quarters and find The Book," the taller one spoke, "I'm Yeol, also a spirit. All of us here are spirits."

A man of darker skin tone spoke out making me turn and face him, "Kai." He said nothing else and vanished into thin air. "Kyung," a shorter man, with great big white eyes that bulged out slightly more than the average person. He followed the toned man's lead and vaporized.

"I'm Chen and that guy over there is Seok. I control electricity." the man with sad eyebrows and a cornered mouth spoke. The man he pointed at was busy with another book and didn't bother saying anything. I thought introductions were over and was about to ask a question when another voice from behind me spoke, "I'm Joon," he paused as I turned to face him, "I am the spirit behind water." He smiled and pointed at the first, small-eyed man, "he is light, the one next to him is fire. The one who vanished first, well, his power is teleportation; the guy who followed was earth." I turned to Seok, "what is Seok's power?"

"Frost," Seok said, holding the book. He turned towards the door along with the remaining five spirits. I followed their gaze and saw Tao staring blankly at me.

"You really are a sorcerer." he said pointing to the book, "no one but sorcerers can touch the book without being electrocuted by Chen.

The first thing that I said was utterly foolish.

"You can see them too right?"

"No." he replied bluntly. Of course! Only sorcerers could see spirits. What an idiot I am.

"Why do you need a sorcerer anyway?" I asked, clearing my mind from the fog.

"We shall go visit Essem tomorrow, along with the others." he spoke. Tao walked over to me and grabbed my wrist firmly. He bowed to the book and spoke, "I cannot see where you stand, but I shall give my respects to our ancestors" Tao marched out of the room and I, being dragged out with him, put the book back on the podium.

"Go to sleep. You need to look like a fresh sorcerer for Essem." Tao commanded and threw me into my room slamming the door shut.