Chapter 8

"He's so different and quick with his surroundings. No wonder Essem could tell that a simple high schooler is the next sorcerer."

"Good thing Tao found him first."

"If Essem had Sehun, there'd be a mundane army with great power."

All of their voices were clear as day but the smally fuzzy noise meant they were whispering. I felt a hand stroke the top of my head and flinched remembering the cashier.

"His ears are so cute." I heard Tao's voice and sat up blinking my eyes open. Everyone around me were five times larger than I remembered. All of them had ears on their heads except Luhan, which seemed perfectly normal in his purple robe. All of them were alive and moving.

A mirror appeared in front of me making the hairs on the back of my neck, ah no, the fur on the back of my neck stand straight. In the mirror was not an ordinary schoolboy, it was a white short-furred cat with deep purple eyes.

"Your body is stressed under the use of magic. You must have used alchemy, seeing your clothes match me." Kris said, "we all are under stress, it's just we can control it better than you."

"We don't use as much power at once." Lay added. I faced Luhan and purred.

"I use life energy." he pointed to a plant that was brown and dried.

"Your human body should be of use soon. Clear your head of everything and you'll return back" Kris said. I thought of a white room and everything immediately blanked out. The strange sensation came back and suddenly I was back to normal. Tao wrapped a towel around my waist and the still existing ears. I tightened the towel around my waist and made sure it was secure before sitting back down.

"You have a very fair body." Luhan said, "model status. Not definable abs, but they're there. And your arms are beautiful. Your legs are thin and great. Your life energy will be beautiful too."

"Shut up. You'll scare him." Lay started, "his eyes are wide in shock."

Kris laughed and he stood up. "Time for a serious talk."

"As a sorcerer, not only can you access aid from spirits and gods, but your skills are seen in alchemy. You also have the powers of a mage and warlock." Kris said.

"We'll be training you." Luhan said.

"Do I have necromancy powers?" I asked. It wasn't great, but life seemed like an interesting power.

"No, but I believe you are immune to my powers." Luhan said.

"How about earlier in the hospital?" I asked thinking back to the awkward rubbing.

"You should have died from the amount of life I took from you." Luhan started, "it only left a small mark and it disappeared by the time we entered EXO. You have tremendous healing like LAy."

"Like Lay?"

"Yeah. It's something I was born with. I have powers of healing as a mage, but there isn't a spirit that sheds light and gifts on me." Lay said scratching his head. He put his hands over the shriveled plant and it started to become greener and it stood up straight again.

"The three of us were invincible as the trio. An alchemist that doesn't need special transmutation circles before using alchemy, a necromancer with keen observations, and a healing mage." Kris said.

"And Tao? He was stronger than us. He beat us in the arena alone, one to three." Lay added.

"No one knew there was a warlock born in this generation. I wasn't supposed to be a warlock. They skip generations like twins in a family." Tao said, his ears were gone and his eyes were deep red.

"The arena is like a match between magic users right? I saw one at the city." I asked. Tao was continuously petting my ears and I was beginning to like the feeling, ignoring the creepy man in the shop.

"That is part of our plan to stop Essem from creating a magical mundane army." Kris stated sternly.

"We'll win the matches without showing our faces, Essem will give each of us a book as the winners, and," Luhan paused.

"We'll return them to their owners, the gods, goddesses, elves, etc." Lay finished.