Chapter 13

The limo came around and we got in. "Why are we in a hurry? The games don't start until nighttime." I asked sitting down on the side seats.

"Essem took the books and went to a different village. It's complete mundae territory but since the books requires magic he's bringing them to a building wielding some magic." Luhan said.

"This will be a bad entrance. All of us will lose our powers except you and we'll probably be weak." Yixing said.

"We might even transform into cats again." Tao said.

"So all of our luck is on me?" I said shaking my head trying to calm myself down.

"Sirs, this is as far as I can go." The chauffeur said as the limo came to a stop.

"Thank you. There's some herbs left in the bag. Please feel free to take as many as you'd like." Tao said and left a bag on the seat. We opened the doors and walked out. The instant I stepped on the ground I felt a surge go through my body. Assumingly, Yixing, Tao, and Luhan felt the same thing because we were wobbling around.

"This isn't even the territory. We're only on the border." Luhan said. "we'll definitely be cats when we walk in."

We dragged our feet passed some bushes and arrived at a large gate with the black boxes and mundanes walking around.

"We're here." Yixing said and he stepped foot passed the gates and turned into a cat. The nearby mundanes looked at us at the shock of a strange poof noise. Tao and Luhan did the same and entered, only to be turned into cats. I passed the gates and felt a strange sensation throughout my body.

"Hello! It's Hun!" I heard and turned around to find it empty. I turned back and followed the three cats. The other mundanes were casually walking by as if we were normal.

"I'm in your body again." I heard Hun's voice. "So are all of the other spirits, gods, goddesses, and so on. We've never been on this side of the gate. But you body allows us to pass. The science experiment made by mundanes is now going to go against them!" Hun said and his voice faded.

The three cats continued forward on the white sidewalk and their tails swayed differently. Tao's tail was thin and stuck out straight towards the sky as Lay and Luhan's had long furred tails that swayed from left to right.

The three of them stopped and turned around to face me. I was too busy watching them I didn't notice the large concrete building in front of me. Tao put his paw on the blank wall and looked back at me. I did the same and tried to create an entrance. Purple transmutation cirlces appeared and a boring brown wooden door appeared.

"You need a better imagination." I heard a female voice. I thought in my head, "Periwinkle goddess?"

"Correct." She replied. "For alchemy, imagination is the key. That's why Kris was a high ranked alchemist."

We entered the doors and walked into a ball-room like area. Chandeliers swung slowly above our heads and the beautiful crystals reflected rainbows on the walls and floors. Tao quickly scurried to another entrance and Yixing and Luhan followed. I turned and walked to the entrance a little while later after noticing a small entrance above.

"Hey guys I think there's something suspicious in the ballroom." I said to the three cats.

They paid no attention to me and went along to another room. We passed through so many rooms I wouldn't have thought it was all in the small cement building.

"We're here." Tao said and stopped in front of a glass door. "The library."

I turned the knob and pushed the door open. Inside the library was only one shelf. On that single shelf, the magical book were propped up neatly and Essem was standing next to it.