Chapter 9

"From now on you will be a mage," Lay said, ironing the white suit I purchased earlier this week at the creepy man's shop.

"The most common, that's cool." I said. I've always stuck out so much; this would be a new experience, "Which power should I choose in the matches? I need consistency." I said, handing the suit up in my wardrobe.

"You should live with Lay, too." Luhan said, "Tao is strange when he's alone and once you get closer, he'll ask for you to shower with him."

"No! It's quite nerve-wrecking being alone here. I like Sehun." Tao protested.

"He is a pussy cat." Kris started, "As long as you always wear white and act like a guest." Kris took a piece of metal from the nightstand and a transmutation circle appeared, "here's a key to my house, Lay's, and I won't give you Luhan's. It's creepy there." Kris said dropping two keys in my hand. He dig through his pockets and handed me a small wrist bracelet with a small button sensor in the middle. "Holograph screen."

"I thought it floated in front of you, not on your wrist." I said putting the silver bracelet on.

"Press the button and it'll scan your fingerprint like the iphon5s." Lay said showing me his silver accessory.

I touched the bracelet and a monotone female voice spoke, "authenticating user, please enter your information." A screen appeared and I filled out the form. Tao walked over and pressed some buttons, scanned his finger, and swiped his hand over the screen and spoke, "Huang Zitao."

I asked, "What was that?"

"You now have my voice as your screen voice, most users like the female voice since there are none here in EXO." Tao said, "My number is also in there, just say 'call Zitao' and it'll call me and we can video call."

"Possessive much." Kris said and he punched in a few numbers and scanned his fingerprint and spoke, "Wu Yifan."

"Wu Yifan?" I questioned the unfamiliar name.

"Real name. We all go by nicknames, since we are winners of the arena and are often getting identity thefts. All of us except Luhan, 'cause he's at a safe distance from fans, they fear his power." Lay said walking to my screen. He did the same as Kris and Tao, "Zhang Yixing," followed by Luhan.

"This device is awesome. It's for shopping, calling, and basically everything." Tao said activating his sleek black bracelet. A holographic sticky note appeared and Tao's smile was wiped from his face. "Round one is starting in an hour. I totally forgot!"

Kris started organizing his things from my room, "We need to get ready!"

"But I don't have training." I added standing up from my bed.

"It'll only be the three of us. You're watching and learning. You're our substitute if anything goes on, so you are technically a part of our team." Kris said leaving the room down to the living room.

The rest of use followed and filed out of my room.

A wardrobe appeared in the corner of the living room and the three of them walked to it opening it and revealing what was inside. Three sets of silver and blue clothing appeared. Helmets and gloves were on the side. They got their clothes and each went to a different room to change.

"You should change too." Tao said pointing to my room. I left for my white suit and changed.

We got to the stadium and lights flashed in all directions. The doors opened and we all exited the limousine, walking down the long red carpet. Photographers and reporters asked multiple times about the discovery of the sorcerer and were very festive and full of other questions. None of them spoke so I kept my mouth shut.

The five of us were directed into a room that hovered over the arena. There was a platform raised up in the center of the arena and lines were drawn. There was a line across the diameter and two parallel lines on either side of the diameter. Surrounding the platform was a lowered piece of glass and in between the glass and the platform was a net hung tightly.

Luhan, Lay, and Kris were dressed in their clothes and gloves but the helmets were sitting on the table. Tao had sat down in front of the window and was drawing in mid-air leaving a trail of light everywhere he touched. "This year will be easier. You'll only have to play a few games." Tao said, "There are fewer teams this year."

Down below a man appeared out of nowhere wearing a sleek silk white suit. "Good evening, and welcome to the 150th EXO Competition. The price this year will be much more than any other year. Sir Essem will provide the champion team with the book of their choice! As a private business, it is a pleasure to have Sir Essem assist us with prizes!" the crowd was filled with deep cheers, "Let the games begin."

People on either side of the diameter line were lifted to the platform on a separate platform controlled by Earth mages.

"Tonight, our firsts to be on the platform are three mages from 'The Elements' on the east and two mages and an alchemist from 'Fairy-gods' on the west. The game starts on the sound of the bell!" The man disappeared into thin air. Teleportation mage. I thought.

Ding. The bell rang and the game began.

The first move was made. Water jet-streams were aiming at the alchemist. He was pushed back passed one of the parallel lines and the speakers announced, "Five points for East."

"How do the points work?" I asked Tao.

"Every time a member is pushed back behind a line, points are added to the other team. Each team starts with Zero. When the other team member has a member fall from the platform, 15 points are added. Each line resembles five points. When all members of the team are off of the platform, the other team wins. The only other way to win is a forfeit to the other team. Forfeits are disadvantageous to the other team since they will not gain points."

"That's harsh," I said, "What do the points do?"

"Earn money for the team members. For every five points there are 15 coins added into the member's accounts. Since we are part of their team, we get money as well."

"That's where you get your money from." I sighed and sat back down.