⊿ 1|| From The Stars To The Ground *

"We're about to be sent to our fucking deaths!"

.+**+.+**+.+**+.

"Jessica Hollis, you, my friend, are extraordinary."

"Stop kissing my ass and tell me already, Jackson." Jessica told the boy and stopped picking at her food to glare at her fellow prisoner. Jackson had been sweet talking her all day and she just knew he was holding something back. She liked to call it her sixth sense.

"Wh-What?" Jackson spoke, his voice coming out a higher pitch than usual. "I'm not- okay fine."

Jessica flashed him a smile as they both scooted closer to each other, their thighs touching, and ducked their heads together. "It's bad, it's really bad, Jess." Jackson whispered, fiddling with strands of Jessica's hair that had fallen between them.

"Oh, C'mon it can't be that-"

"They're sending us to the ground."

"Oh shit." Jessica whispered back, her heart beginning to hammer in her chest. "How do you know this?"

"Well, I over heard one of the Guards, Hank- ya know the one that's bald, missing one nut-"

"Yes I know, continue!"

"Okay, well I heard him talking telling another guard that they were finally gonna rid of us."

"But that doesn't mean we're being sent to the ground." Jessica said, dropping the frightened look on her face. She scoffed at her best friend and turned back to her food. "You scared me for a second there, Jack."

"I wasn't done!" Jackson whispered, scooting even closer to the tan brunette. "That was a week ago. After that, well I was suspicious so I went around the Sky Box gathering as much intel as I could and guess what I found out."

"Wait, you went all over the Sky Box?" Jackson nodded, not seeing what Jessica was getting at. "You do know that over half the people her hate you right?"

"Yes, I do." Jackson muttered just as Jessica punched his shoulder. "Uh, OW! What the hell, Jess?"

"You could've been hurt, you idiot. What were you thinking?!" Jessica yelled, bringing the attention of the whole cafeteria to them. A simple glare from Jackson sent them all scurrying back.

"I was thinking that I needed to find out what was going on." Jackson whispered, grabbing the hand Jessica was about to run through her hair. "And I heard that they were getting one of the dropships ready."