⊿ 5|| people aren't panther food either

"And why would I be thankful?"

.+**+.+**+.+**+.

Jessica didn't understand why the world hated her.

Her emotions went a complete circle when she saw the blood splatters on rocks near the stream believed to be from Jasper and his googles, now with bloodstains on them lying carelessly on the floor.

Jessica slowly bent down to pick them up, a small gasp escaping her from the pain. Wether it was emotion pain or physical pain, she did not know. A ringing sounded in her ears, as she watched the others talk about what to do, not a word they said reaching her. The possibility of her lifelong best friend being dead dawned on her and Jessica felt like she couldn't breathe.

Her eye sight became blurry as her breaths started to come out as at a faster pace. Tears fell heavily from her eyes as she tumbled backwards, her already tight grip tightened more on the only thing she had left of Jasper, and braced herself to be once again soaked in water.

Instead, she was pulled away from the water and into Bellamy's strong chest. Jessica shook in his arms as her slowly shushed her, caressing her head. " Bellamy?" Jessica voice came out hoarse as she looking up at him with her tear filled eyes.

"It's okay." He said as he pressed a small kiss to her forehead and pulled her closer to him, a need to take care of the small girl came over him as she began to weep into his chest.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.

Eventually, Jessica sobered up and the group went on their way. Jessica was completely zoned out, not thinking about anything yet thinking of everything, when a moan echoed throughout the quiet forest.

And no, it wasn't a moan of pleasure, it was a moan filled to the brim with pain and exhaustion. The group ran towards the sound. Clarke leading and Jessica near the back. The delinquents halted before her and Jessica shoved her way forward to see. Her face scrunched up escaped her when she saw her best friend tied up against a tree, small moans escaping the poor boy.

"Jasper?" Jessica whispered as she dropped the googles onto the floor. Time seemed to slow as she ran forward, her blond friend hot on her tail. A smile crept onto her face as she neared the boy and she almost laughed, his facial expression was the same as when they first met. He looked bothered.

Suddenly the ground was taken from underneath her and she screamed. I was so close, she thought as she fell, aimlessly trying to grab onto something to reach Jasper.

Her wrists was grasped out of nowhere and now she wasn't falling. Her breathes came fast as she looked at her hero. Or should she say heroes.