⊿ 11|| Carry On, My Wayward Son

"Family doesn't stop at blood, you imbecile!"

.+**+.+**+.+**+.

Jessica felt like crap.

This feeling was very familiar to her seeing as how once she stepped onto this diseased planet, terrible things were constantly happening. People were dropping like flies and no one could stop it. The delinquents had been on Earth for barely a week and there was already so much pain and torture and betrayal. She just wanted things to stop, at least for a little while.

So she headed to the stream.

Jessica was still incredibly scared of large bodies of water since the day the 100 landed on Earth but she couldn't let that fear control her hygiene. Especially since this would be the first time she had showered.

In Jessica's defense, so many things had happened, she didn't have time for a shower. I mean how could she when her friends were either getting spears to the chest or a rope tied around their neck.

Jessica walked along the edge of the stream for a couple of minutes, stopping at a semi- shallow part of the stream. Placing the small makeshift bag she made down on the ground, Jessica looked around making sure no one was in the vicinity before removing her jacket, pants, and tank top.

Jessica slipped her thumbs into the hem of her panties, starting to slip them off of her waist when a loud snap echoed from behind her. She swiftly went in the water, going to hide behind a large rock in the middle of the stream. Jessica counted to ten, calming her rapid breathing, before slowly lifting herself to look over the rock.

Jessica's tensed body instantly relaxed as she watched a rabbit hop by. Jessica immediately facepalmed, chuckling at her unnecessary paranoia. She waddled over to the shore, reaching inside her makeshift bag for the soap she had gotten from inside the drop ship.

The brunette then began to wash her body, really paying attention to the crevices of her body where dirt was hidden, the cool water of the stream collecting soap bubbles with every rinse.

After a nice 30 minutes in the water, Jessica finally got out, feeling refreshed and squeaky clean. She slipped into the extra clothes she brought along with her and left her hair down to air dry. The brunette began to wash the clothes she was wearing before, knowing that she would need them later. Jessica began humming a song she knew people had once sung on Earth to clam herself down, Hey Jude.

"You can't be here. "A gasp left Jessica's lips and before she could even register what she was doing, her hand shot out, quickly reaching into her bag and clutching one of her knives, turning around and throwing it at the unfamiliar woman.