Chapter 2: Evil Reindeer

I woke up screaming from my night terror. I looked at the little digital clock on the bed stand. 2:43. I climbed out of bed and pulled on my jacket. Sleeping in run down motel rooms wasn't ideal, but it was my only choice. During the day I worked odd jobs like cleaning and waitressing. I always kept on moving. It kept my mind off of things.

Now I made my way down the empty street to the 24 hour diner. My mind had only one thought on it-pizza. I walked into the diner and got a few odd glances. I know, not many people go out for pizza at two o'clock in the morning. Fight me. I sat at a table and waited for someone to walk up to me. My fingers drummed on the table.

Finally a waitress walked up to me.

"What do ya want?" She asked. Not the friendliest.

"Cheese Pizza."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Coffee?" She asked with her thick New York accent. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, right now I am currently hiding in the lovely little city of New York.

"No thanks."

She walks away and I look out the window. Somewhere close by a woman screams. I stood up quickly, the chair screeching against the floor. I walked out the door to find the screaming woman running away from a particular dark alleyway. In fact, several people were running away from the area. It had been my goal to stay low profile, but I couldn't just go back to my pizza while whatever that thing was strolled through New York.

I sighed and walked around the back of the ally, hoping to surprise the threat. A man ran past me and tried to pull me along with him. I twisted my arm out of his grasp.

"What are you doing?" He yelled, "He is here! The one who killed all those people. He's a god, we have to run!"

I shook my head in defiance and the man gave up, running away without me. God, I hated it so much when people grabbed me. Silently I made my way to the alleyway to find a man dressed in green armor and wearing a ridiculous looking hat.

"Hey!" I called. The figure turned around.

"Leave now mortal or face the consequences!"

"Wow, harsh. So, what are you, the evil reindeer lord or something?"

If possible, he appeared to be even more furious. He grabbed a dagger and aimed it towards me, threateningly. I only rolled my eyes.

"Why does everyone hate you so much? Did you make your evil reindeer attack them?"

"I am in no mood for games!!!"

"Trust me, when it comes to evil reindeer, I never fool around."

That set him of and he charged, stabbing me with the small knife. He looked as if he expected the me to fall, but I didn't. In fact, I was way more angry than dead. He let go of the dagger and stepped back. I grabbed the dagger from where my heart should have been located. When I pulled it out, there wasn't even a speck of blood.

"Seriously dude?!" I began to advance to the man, still frozen in confusion, "Don't you know that is not polite to walk up to people and stab them?!!"

At the word "stab" I drove the knife into his side.

"But you said-" He stuttered.

"Karma's a bitch."

He fell to the ground in pain and I looked over curiously.

"Oops, I thought gods couldn't die." I sighed. I hope I didn't hurt him too bad. Evil reindeer lords probably like pizza too. How can a pizza lover be all evil?

When I looked up I saw the onlookers at the end of the ally. The red and golden robot, a red haired girl, and a guy who was waaaaay too obsessed with the American Flag. All three looked at her in shock.

"I didn't mean to kill him!" I called, holding my hands up. The reindeer guy groaned.
Suddenly the three awoke from their shock and the girl took out a gun.

"All I wanted was a freaking pizza!" I whined before turning around to run. Great, the robot flies... I wonder if robots eat pizza... Stay on track! You can't go back to- crap. Now is NOT the time for another flashback!

I took a sharp turn to the right, unfortunately only to meet a large group of people dressed in black. One of the people ran up to me. They hesitated. Newbie.

"Why couldn't you guys wear a happy color, like pink?" I asked. The guy seemed confused, but reached out for my arm. I ducked. Why does everyone feel the need to grab my arm?!

I turned around to run the other way, but came face to face with the three from the other alleyway.

"Are you kidding me?" I complained. The gun girl took a step closer. I reached down and grabbed my own right shoe. I held it out in front of me. A few of the people on black tried to hold back their laughter.

"Put down the... shoe." The girl demanded.

"But it's my shoe!"

"I am a highly trained agent and I am armed. You have a shoe. Now put it down and put your hands up where I can see them!"

I ignored her and threw my shoe up at the brick wall. Everyone turned to see what I did and I dashed through the back door behind me.

"It was a distraction!" Someone yelled.

Obviously.

I ignored them and ran through the small indoor market. When I ran out, I was nearly crushed by the robot. I yelped and jumped back.

"Freeze!" The robot grabbed my arm, again.

"You know, I actually don't like people
grabbing me, so-"

Before I could register anything, I was being dragged upwards. The robot flew to the middle of the mass of people dressed in black and dropped me. The evil reindeer lord was hunched over and glaring daggers at me.

"What are you?" Gun girl demanded.

"Umm, a person...? Do you guys have trouble with this often?"

"Hands above your head!" A guy with an eyepatch commanded, "We need to take her to the lab. Find out what's wrong with her."

"Gee, thanks pirate guy."

He may have only had one eye, but he sure could give a deathly glare.

"Are you going to cooperate Miss, or do I need to resort to a far messier method?"

"Where do you want to take me?"

"S.H.I.E.L.D. We simply need to test you and see if you are a threat or not. Unless you would like to save us all of the trouble and tell us you are a threat right now. Are you a threat Miss?"

"Depends on who you ask."

"No needles, no blood." He compromised.

The other agents shifted uncomfortably.

"Fine!" I declared, " I'll come with you and your band of ninjas on two conditions. 1: No cages or restraints, and 2: I'm going to go eat my pizza now."

"This is serious business! You can't just stop and eat pizza first!"

"Than I'll get it to go."