Chapter 8: True Colors

I sit and watch movies while the other two girls sleep. Sometime around seven in the morning I gave up on waiting for them to wake up and went to the training room. I walked up to one of the punching bags and released my wrath on it. I heard someone snort behind me. I turned around. Loki.

"Mortals are pathetic."

"Oh yeah?" I asked, out of breath, "You do better!"

He raised one eyebrow.

"Is that a challenge?"

"Yes." I didn't back down. I waited and crossed my arms. He walked up to the punching bag and found his stance. I watched as he began. His attacks were fast and strong. His form flickered and he appeared behind the bag, delivering a last blow.

"You cheated." I told him.

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not!"

"Did too! You used your magic!"

"You just wish you had magic. All you can do is tell when people are going to die! And you're not even that good at that, are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Who's Ryan?"

"How do you know that name?" I demanded and marched up to him.

"You scream it in your sleep. Was he your puny little boyfriend?"

"You know what- you-you- go to hell!"

"You go to hell."

"Steve doesn't like that type of language."

"Steve can go to hell too!"

"What?!"

"Yes and than the three of us will rot down there together for all eternity!"

I burst out laughing. He kept a straight face.

"What? What are you laughing about?!"

"You-you-said-"

He smirked. And laughed too. Soon we were out of breath next to each other. I looked into his eyes and he looked at me.

"I'm sorry for what I said."

I looked down.

"It's okay." I mumble. He gently lifts my chin up.

"No, it's not."

His stare is so intense I look away.

"Ryan was a little boy I met when HYDRA captured me. He was six years old. When SHIELD bombed the prison he-he didn't make it." I felt tears coming out from the corner of my eyes.

"You were right, I am useless."

"Death,-"

"It's Sara."

"What?"

"Well, it used to be. My name. My name was Sara."

"Sara." He echoed.

"I used to say that she died that day along with all of the other kids. Along with Ryan."

"And now?" He asked me gently.

"Now I almost feel like her again."

"I-... I took over a planet. Or, tried too. I killed innocent people for a terrible cause. I still can't sleep at night sometimes thinking about all of the guilt. All of the pain. You can't just forget it, you can't get "get better". It will always be there. But one day, maybe it won't be as bad... besides, you're a good person, not a monster like me."