Chapter 4: Friendship

I lay restless in the bed they gave me. Seconds turned to minutes. Minutes into hours. I sat up and pushed off the blankets. Hmm...
"Now which way to the kitchen?" I mumbled opening the door and looking down the hallway.

"To the left, Miss." a voice replied shocking me so much I nearly fell over.

"Who are you?! Where... are you?" I demanded.

"I am Jarvis. Just A Rather Very Intelligent System."

"Did Bruce and Tony make you?"

"Just Mister Stark."

"Okay... so, you said the kitchen is to the left?"

"Yes, that is correct Miss. Death."

I silently cringed at the name. Miss. Death. Ugh. For the first time in years I thought about Sara. No, Sara is dead.

I walked down the hallway and entered the next room.

"Take a right." Jarvis instructed. I nodded even though I knew he couldn't see me. Wait, can he?!

"Does Stark have cameras here?"

"Mister Stark has cameras everywhere."

"Even my room?"

"Yes."

"Not a very trusting fellow, is he?"

Jarvis didn't respond. I kept on walking until I reached the kitchen. Wow, this place is so big! I looked at all of the many cabinets and sighed before getting an idea.

"Jarvis, which cabinet has the coffee?"

"Third cabinet on the left."

"Thanks."

I took out the packet and looked to see a mug in the sink. I washed it out and brewed the coffee. I took a sip. Now I know what you're thinking, the girl couldn't sleep so she went and got some caffeine?! But the truth is I never tried to fall asleep. In fact, I don't want to sleep. Every time I do, I just get more nightmares. I can go a few weeks without sleep before my ability to function is affected. Eventually I'll have to try it. Ugh. Life.

I sat on the couch and peacefully drank my coffee. I sighed out loud. And drained the cup. I looked at the clock. 1:24. I made my way back down the hall.

"Hey Jarvis." I said as I reentered my room. I plopped down on the mini sofa in the corner.

"Hello Miss. Death."

"Are there any good books to read here?"

"I would recommend the book in the first desk drawer."

I made my way to the little desk and opened the drawer. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Sweet!

"Thanks! You know I read these books at the orphanage when I was ten! I wanted my Hogwarts letter so badly. I kept on hoping it would come and save me from-." My eyes tested up.

"From what Miss?"

"Jarvis, can you turn off cameras and audio?"

"Of course."

I wiped my tears. I didn't need Tony Stark to have a video of me crying like some weak little girl.

"From the people who took me." I whispered.

Jarvis was silent for a moment.

"Miss, I do believe that the team can help you-."

"No. No one can know what happened to me. Please Jarvis!"

"Yes miss."