Chapter 17: Loki's Lies

Fury came into the living room right after we finished opening presents. He walked right over to Loki and punched him.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, what's going on?!" Natasha asked.

Loki stood up from his place on the floor and glared daggers at Fury.

"Ask him." Fury said gesturing to the god.

I stood up.

"Loki?"

"Hydra's army is about to storm the Tower." Fury said.

"What does this have to do with my brother?" Thor asked.

"Somebody gave Hydra agents clearance into the Tower. And a little birdie told me who."

I looked at Loki and he couldn't meet my eyes.

"Why would you do that?" I asked.

"They were coming weather I helped them or not. I made a deal with them."

"What was the deal?"

He remained silent.

"What was the deal Loki?!!!"

"I would help them and in return... they would let you go free."

"You... you gave up my friends to save me?"

"Yes."

"Have you been lying to me this whole time?! Has everything been a lie?!" I cried out.

"No, Sara-" he tried to reach out for me but was blocked by Steve.

"Back off partner."

Wanda came and stood by my side along with Natasha. SHIELD agents filed into the room to take Loki away.

"Sara!" He yelled , but it was too late, the agents pushed him through the door. I touched my necklace. He lied. It echoed over and over again in my head.

He lied, he lied, he lied.

"Suit up Avengers!" Fury ordered. I was crying and walked in a trance up to my room. Once I was there, I fell to my knees. How long did he know?

I got dressed and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I dried my tears. Alarms rang off in the distance. I looked out my window and saw HYDRA agents lined up down the sidewalk. I quickly drew the curtains.

Come on Sara, dry your tears and face your fears.

I walked out of my room and met up with the rest of the team.

"You okay there, Sara?" Clint asked. I nodded my head, but inside I was burning.

"Let's Go."

We walked down the stairs and we met with agents. I used my powers to push them down the stairs like dominos. I ran down after them and was met with the sight of hundreds more. All of us were fighting our hardest, but it wasn't enough. We needed more.

"Bruce, code green." Steve ordered.

"Rodger that." He replied and seconds later I heard the roar of the Hulk. I smiled to myself.

We were still outnumbered. All of Hydra must be here. Hulk fought them outside before they had a chance to enter the building and the rest of us were scattered through out the building trying to fend them off.

I was using my powers cautiously, afraid of causing too much damage.

"Sara." A voice spoke in my mind.