Descision

I hear the wind whipping my hair back as I soar towards the ground. The cool night air feels good, but the speed makes my cuts and bruises sore. I look down and see the ground getting closer, at the last minute I disappear and reappear right where I would've landed, but you know, alive. Glancing around to see if anyone noticed, I place my hands in my pockets and begin walking down the street quickly. The busy people of New York rush around in the rainy night, in stores and outside. I walk by my usual pizza place, the Night Club I go to sometimes with my fake ID, and the park I go to when I have nothing better to do. This is my home. This is where I belong, I'm not a hero, I'm just a seventeen year old girl, nothing more. I'm just another human being on this world.

Yeah, a human being with superpowers.

Shut up.

You know you could be someone. Someone more than an average girl. If you go back there now, you could save people.

No, they're not heroes, they're not good people.

If you join them, you could use your powers for something rather than them just being useless.

I'm not going back.

Yes, you are. We both know that you will go running back to them on when you realize that you have no other path.

I have a path, I'll get a family.

You know that won't happen. Fury was right.

Then I'll travel.

You have no money.

Sod off, conscience.

Make the right desiscion. Go back.

I sigh in the pouring rain as I reach the market that my attic is located atop of. Can I give them another chance? They mean well, I know that. Tony is only fazed by what he thinks is right, not what is best for others. I can get used to him, he is really funny. And Steve, he is such a gentlemen, I could never stay mad at him. Nat is like the big sister I never had, and Clint is like my distant brother. Even Thor and Bruce, they're very kind. Second chances, that's all I need to give them. They may not be heroes to me, but they try. They save people, and that's the path that I know I should take. I know I'll never like Fury, but I can accept the others. 

By now my hair is soaked and my clothes too. I didn't exactly dress for the weather, wearing a cotton sweater and mid calf pants. I was standig in a puddle, and my converse were a whole different shade of maroon. Wrapping my arms around myself in a futile attempt to stay warm, I step away from the market and begin walking back to the tower. Through the groups of people I go, tripping over someone's foot and falling into mud, ripping my sweater and face planting. I groan in frustration and people try not to step on me as I rub the mud off my face angrily. This has not been a good day.

Begrudgingly I get up and walk down the sidewalk, through the wet park, past my pizza place and night club. I walk faster as the rain picks up and I see the tower in the distance, shining with that big ugly A.

Finally, I reach the door, shivering and totally drenched. As I walk through the doors and towards the elevator my shoes make unsettling squelching noises. I push the button and am about to enter when I remember the coffee table incident. Lightly, I touch my hand to the doorway, only for it to come shooting back into my face harshly. I stumble back and grumble profanities, heading towards the stairs. Beginning my walk up the many floors, I squish and drip and trip over my own feet. Whenever I come across a door, I open it and check for any signs of people. At last I come across another door and poke my head through, hearing voices in the other room. Finally, I think to myself and close the door behind me. I walk towards the source of the voices while trembling visciously. My shoes squeak in their pools of water as I enter the living room, where everyone seems to be talking to eachother seriously. But when they hear my footsteps they all look up at me shocked. I realize now that I probably look like hell, with my face smudged with dirt and my soaked hair matted all over my face. From my ripped sweater that is dripping with water to my shoes which are slowly spilling and creating puddles around me. I hold myself tighter as Tony stands up and walks over to me, towering over me as I look up into his eyes defiantly. He grabs my arm and drags me roughly to the kitchen, grabbing a set of handcuffs and taking my arms behind my own back. I don't struggle, I know it's pointless. I just look at him as he snaps the handcuffs into place and stay still.