Safe House

I open my eyes and then squint not used to such bright lighting. As all the familiar pain comes back to my body, I realize where I am and turn my head, seeing Tony sitting there next to me. When I look at him, all I see is the flashes of the knife in my hand and his slit throat, slowly bleeding out. I look around and realize I'm in the Quinjet, everyone is unusually quiet and looks shaken, and I know exactly why. Wanda, she manipulated them too.

When Tony sees I'm awake he immediately stands up, rushing to my side. Everyone else looks at me too and their eyes widen, getting up and slowly walking over to me. I sit up but feel a bunch of hands push me back down.

"No way kid, you look like you got dragged through hell and back." Tony says and I sigh, not able to get the image of all of them dead from my mind. I hold back my tears, there's no way I'm crying in front of these people. They all look at me with pity, and I return the stare.

"Did she do it to you guys?" My voice is still hoarse, my arms still bloody and wrists swollen, I can feel the dried blood and bruises on my face as well.

Steve looks down at his shoes and Thor looks out the window. I look at Nat, seeing her expression change to dark ever so slightly before going back to normal. 

I look around and see Clint driving and Bruce is in the corner, huddled in a blanket again and looking beaten and tired. I know immediately that it was a Code Green. 

"I'm sorry you guys had to go through that." I say and they all scoff at me.

"Are you kidding?" Tony says and I look at him confusedly. "She's not kidding."

"I can be sorr-" I feel a tickle in my throat and start coughing madly into the table I'm on after turning to face it. As I open my eyes and groan, I see drops of blood on the table and flip back onto my back, looking up at everyone.

"I'm fine."

"You are not, Your arms are covered in cuts and blood and your wrists, they're the size of apples!" Tony points at me and I roll my eyes.

"That's an exaggeration."

"It really isn't." Nat says and I sigh.

"Where are we going?" I call out to Clint and he turns to look at me.

"A safehouse." I nod and lean back on the table, moving around.

"This is really uncomfortable." I say.

"We can move you to-"

I cut off Steve, "No, you guys all staring at me is really uncomfortable."

Tony chuckles and goes back to his seat, soon everyone does too, except Nat, she just stares at me.

I cough again but swallow the blood with a sour look on my face. "Does anyone have any water?" 

Nat nods and walks away, coming back with a plastic bottle of water that I take a long swig from, my throat sore and raw from screaming so much. 

"It's okay to cry, you know." Nat says suddenly and I shake my head.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She looks at me sternly and I see a flash of her being hung from a rope that I hold in my hand and I immediately look down at anything but her. I feel tears sting the back of my eyes and I sit up slowly, looking away from her as I well up with tears.

Nat comes over and sits on the edge of my table, touching my chin to look into my tired eyes. I hadn't really slept since before the kidnapping, because every time I close my eyes the visions return. I look into her eyes too and see the darkness she posseses, even more than usual. I frown and push my tears back inside as best I can, but not before one slides down my cheek.