Tubed

As I laid there thinking, Darry ran into the room.

"Soda! Are you okay?" He said pulling me in for a hug.

"Yeah, this tube hurts though" I said, poking the tube sticking out of my body.

"Yeah I know buddy, I'm sorry" He stated, sitting on the bed.

"No don't be, it's my fault I'm here, you were just trying to help."

My fault.

All mine, they tried to help but I just didn't want it and now look where I am. I could've pushed myself to keep the food down, yet I was so...so selfish and weak that I couldn't even let them help me.

You know what the question of the day is? What is wrong with me?!

And the answer? Everything.

Don't say it's not true because it is. I've been so selfish and a jerk these past few weeks. I...

I hate myself. I absolutely despise myself. I hate every single drop of me. All of it. I wish I could just...just KILL MYSELF. I DESERVE TO SUFFER THE LIFE I LIVE UNTIL I DIE-

Whoa...where did that come from..?..I-

"Soda" Darry snapped his fingers in front of my face. I looked up at him and saw that the rest of the gang was here.

"When did y'all get here?" I questioned. They looked at one another then back at me.

"Soda...we've been here for an hour.." Ponyboy said. I cursed to myself under my breath for being so stupid and looked at them.

"Oh..." I bit my lip. "H-how's it going..?.." I tried to make conversation but they didn't buy my act. I tried to make everything seem okay when it really wasn't.

Nothing was okay, not one bit. Steve didn't want to be together with me, I practically killed myself, and I've caused so much worry and stress on everybody. Like I said before, all my fault.

Next thing I know, a doctor comes in. He asks politely for everyone to leave except Darry and I. Well obviously not me because I'm the one in the hospital.

"Hello Sodapop," He begins, walking over to me. "I'm Dr.Surrento" He said with a masculine Hispanic voice. He was about 6,5 and had dark, black hair. His face was clean cut and had a sharp jaw line. He was like one of those hot doctors that you would see on tv or something.

"Hi.." I said awkwardly.

"I just came to inform you that you will be able to go home after we run a couple of tests-"

"What are the tests for?" Darry asked, interrupting the doctor.

"To see if everything is working properly." He said not even mentioning that Darry cut him off.

"W-why wouldn't anything be working properly?" I asked sitting up more.

"Your stomach isn't used to eating as much from the last few weeks, and because of that, your stomach grew smaller. When we put you on the feeding tube, your stomach didn't function normally and responded negatively to the food. It's getting better but we still have to make sure it won't give you any problems at home." He finished.

I didn't even know stomachs could even shrink. It's weird..not disgusting but..like it's not normal.

"That's also why you kept feeling sick when you were eating. Your stomach couldn't handle as much food as it used to." He added. How did he know about me feeling sick? Oh, Darry.

"When are you going to do the tests?" I asked.

"At 3:00 sharp, so see you then" He smiled and left the room. I looked at the clock inside the room. 12:26pm. Alright so...2 and a half hours until they come to run the tests.

Please go well, please let me go home today, please.

"I better get back to work, the gang is still in the waiting room so they can come see you." Darry walked over to me and hugged me. "Be safe, I'll be back at 5 when I get out of work."

"Thanks Dar" I hugged back and he pulled back. He gave me a reassuring smile and left the room, leaving me with my thoughts.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
"Guys seriously, I'm FINE" I exclaimed. They kept asking me questions about how I wasn't eating and saying I wasn't okay.

It was annoying because I really was fine. The only one that tried to help and try to get them to stop asking questions was Steve.

He was the only one who knew about my eating problem besides Pony. But Pony thought I was getting better, Darry told him nothing after I got to the hospital.

So obviously Pony was asking more questions than the others. Everybody was turning towards each other and talking at the same time while Steve was next to me. It was giving me a headache and I wanted to scream for them to shut up.

"Ugh.." I groaned. "They're giving me a headache" I whispered to him.

"I know, I'm sorry baby" I coughed and choked on my air.

"W- *hiccup* w-what?!" I looked at him with my face being as red as a cherry.

"I-I didn't m-mean to s-say that!!" He backed away and held his shaky hands up in defense as if I were gonna hit him.

"I-It's okay" I said quickly.

The gang looked at him strangely and he ran out of the room in a hurry. Two went after him and everybody else looked at me.

"What's the problem with him?" Dal asked. I shrugged not wanting to tell them that he had called me 'baby'.

They all just stood there talking to one another till Two-Bit came back.