Saliva

•Not edited so might be grammar or spelling mistakes, sorry•

I sat on the edge of my bed in the dark. Pony was sleeping and it was about 2am. Thoughts. The thoughts kept me awake. Again.

I hate to think. But there is no possible way to stop thinking besides sleeping and even then you're thinking with all the dreams and nightmares. Or if you're brain dead, but you're technically already dead, just heart and organs being kept alive by machines.

I don't exactly know what I'm thinking about, my thoughts are just..up there, down there, over there, right here. Everywhere.

Most of the thoughts are about Darry. He hasn't said a word to me, not even when I came home with Steve. He went straight to his room after all the laughter died down.

The gang luckily didn't know about when Darry came in and I said I wanted to die. They only knew that I was upset and 'sick' but they didn't know what kind of sick.

The stab wounds are healing but they still hurt. I'm 'lucky' they didn't stab me in the throat or heart.

You're probably wondering, Soda, why did you put quotations around lucky? Because I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know why I want to die. And I don't know why I have these thoughts.

Death used to scare me. Now I want death to be my friend.

But death isn't anyone's friend. It's their decision maker.

My eyes start to roll back into my head and my body falls to the floor, falling into a deep, deep sleep.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I'm waken by a large pounding in my head, I open my eyes to see Steve open the door.

"Oh my god Soda!" He helps me up cautiously to see if I'm hurt.

"What happened?" He asks, looking me up and down.

"Oh, I was thinking last night then I fell asleep on the floor." I explained, chuckling a bit. He laughed with me and kissed me on my cheek.

"Alright, ya doof." He ruffled my already messy hair.

"Get dressed, I wanna take you somewhere." He started walking awake.

"But-"

"No butts or nuts until you get dressed." He laughed at his own joke and I jus cringed.

He opened the door and walked out, leaving me to get dressed. Pony was already awake and at school.

I got on a blue and green flannel and some nice blue jeans, and old converse, out the door I go.

Walking into the living room..was probably a mistake..

As I took a step around the corner, turning into the living room, I saw Dally on top of Two-Bit...kissing him. I knew Two liked it by the way he wasn't pushing Dal off of him and by the way he was moaning into the kiss.

I gasped and tried walking backward but ended up tripping on my own feet and falling into someone behind me.

And that someone was Darry.

"Whoa there little buddy, take it-" He stopped in the middle of his sentence when he saw what I saw. "Easy..." He finished.

He pulled me up from the position I was in and backed away slowly so they wouldn't hear us.

"Well that..wasn't expected.." He scratched the back of his head confused and nervous, I chuckled.

"Nothing those two do are expected...especially when they're eating each other's faces off..." I laughed some more.

"I knew they were connected somehow, I just didn't put the pieces together. Oh god...the gang is turning gay..." I shook my head, holding back more laughter.
"What's next? Ponyboy turning gay for Johnny?"

"Probably..those two have been very close lately.." I gave him a shocked face and started dying of laughter. I was bent over, holding my stomach because it hurt because I was laughing so hard.

"Are..you..gay..to.?" I said in between the laughs.

"Yup" He said bluntly. I stopped laughing and looked at him.

"Just kidding, I'm straight. Probably the only straight guy in this." I gave out a breath of relief.

"Don't scare me like that..but I can hook you up with some guys-"

"No"

"But-"

"No. I'm straight."

"How about some girls-"

"I have to take care of you ladies, that's enough women for me."

"That's M'lady to you." I squinted my eyes at him and crossed my arms, he just shook his head in disapproval.

"Watch it little buddy" He pointed his finger at me and I took the chance. I took the chance to be the disgusting person I am..and lick his finger.

"Ew! Sodapop Patrick Curtis!" He yelled, wiping it on his shirt. I giggled and ran, him chasing after me. He tackled me onto the living room floor and started tickling me.

"Ahh!! Sta-...stop!!! S-stop!!!" I yelled, laughing.

He stopped and put me in a headlock,
"Better?" He swiped his knuckles across my head and it hurt.

"Ow! Stoop!" I yelled, struggling to get out of his grip. He wouldn't let go so I did the only thing I could think of. I licked his arm.

He pushed me roughly off of him, held me on the ground, and started wiping the spit on my face.

"Darry!!" Someone yelled, he stopped and looked up to see who it was.

My knight in shining armor.

Steve.

"C'mon man, we gotta go." He stood there, leaning on the couch.

"Yeah, we gotta go Dar." I grinned.

"Alright alright, but you better watch it. And keep that tongue in your mouth before I chop it off." He stood up and helped me up, basically handing me to Steve.

"Thanks."

"Yup, now don't be out all day" He said sternly.

"Trust me, we won't." Steve answered.

I was still curious on where we were going but I guess I just had to find out.